30 Global Research Scholarships at University of Edinburgh in UK 2018
University of Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2018 – The University of Edinburgh offers 30 Global research scholarships for international students in the 2018-19 academic session. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
- University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Edinburgh.
- The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination and curation of knowledge.
- Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application by 16th August 2018
- Awards are open to overseas students undertaking a research degree and may be held in any field of study at the University of Edinburgh
- Each scholarship will cover the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU Postgraduate student and that chargeable to an overseas postgraduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses
No. of Scholarships
- 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2018-2019
- Scholarships are provided in any field of study at University of Edinburgh
- The awards are open to overseas nationals commencing a PhD in any field of study in 2018-2019.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have been offered admission to a full-time PhD research program of study
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential
- Although candidates with an upper 02nd class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account
- This scholarship is reopening for applicants within the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine with a closing date of 16th August 2018.
- Applicants who have previously applied for this award will not be able to apply again unless the application relates to a different program of study.
- The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
- When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance