Symbiosis Sports Scholarships 2018 – Application
Symbiosis Society Foundation Sports Scholarships 2018 – Symbiosis Society Foundation introduces Sports Scholarships 2018 for prospective and bonafide sports person studying at Symbiosis International University. The interested students can apply between 01st July 2018 to 31st July 2018
- The students for their proficiency in sports shall be eligible for the sports scholarships, the merit of which shall be evaluated according to their level of participation in different games in different competitions as per rules for the academic year under consideration.
- The scheme aims at recognizing achievements of young sports persons and their outstanding performance at the National, State & Inter University levels
- “If you have the talent, the commitment and the belief, we are here to help you achieve”
Also See : Scholarships 2018
- The students have to submit application form between 01st June to 31st July of every academic year. No application will be entertained after the due date
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of sports performance in recognized competitions held between the previous two calendar years. Both the prospective as well as bonafide students of Symbiosis International University can apply for sports scholarship.
- A scholarship holder shall not receive any other sports scholarship from any other source and should not be inmate of sports hostel of Sports Authority of India/State Govt. In case the scholarship holder is already in receipt of any such award/facility, he/she will have to surrender that in order to avail the benefits of this scholarship
- A selected candidate may, however enjoy merit scholarship for academics other than sports scholarship and /or fee concession, if given by the Symbiosis Society or Symbiosis Society Foundation
- The applicant shall apply only in one discipline in which he/she has achieved the highest performance between the previous two calendar years
- If the dates of competitions or timing/distance/height/weight/points, etc. achieved are not mentioned in the certificate, the applicant may obtain the same from the concerned agency and enclose the same to the application failing which the application will NOT be considered
Duration of Sports Scholarship
- The scholarship awarded under the scheme will be for one year and will be renewable every year provided the awardee is improving/maintaining the proficiency in game concerned, passing last annual examination or does not have any backlog in the subject and fulfilling other eligibility conditions
However, one failure in studies can be condoned in the entire duration of programme for scholarship
- The awardee should submit a new application on prescribed form for the renewal of scholarship every year failing which it will be stopped even if one is eligible
- A duly constituted Selection Committee will scrutinize the applications and select candidates on the basis of performance and merit.
- The decision of the Committee will be final and abiding and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Award of Scholarship
- The scholarships will be awarded by Symbiosis Society Foundation
- The value of this scholarship will be Rs.24000/- p.a. (12 months) i.e. Rs.2000/- per month
- Number of Sports Scholarships: 05
- The applicant should be a regular bonafide student of constituent institute of Symbiosis International University
- The applicant should be eligible for selection in the combined university team and his/her performance should meet the minimum qualifying standard laid down for measurable events.
- The scholarships will be decided on the basis of performance/participation in major recognized International sports events like Olympic Games, World Cup championships, Commonwealth Games/Championships, Asian Games/Championships as a member of the National team/ State team /District teams, etc.
The Sports persons will be required to send their resume along with passport size photograph as per the format given in the website and also the family details.
Download the application form www.symbiosissocietyfoundation.org
The sports persons will also be required to attach with the application form the photocopies of the press cuttings and the certificates, duly authenticated by their respective State Association or the Principal of their school / college
After the deadline, ad-hoc requests will be considered, depending on the nature of the activity and the availability of the remaining funds. Please forward your application for Scholarship in the format available on www.siu.edu.in at least 2 months in advance, to firstname.lastname@example.org