Overseas Visiting Doctoral Fellowship 2018 Application starts
Applications for support to undertake research training during the doctoral research in overseas countries on a competitive mode is sought from eligible researchers 2018
Call for Proposals under this scheme is now open. Eligible Researchers can submit the proposals till Jun 30th, 2018
Also See : Scholarships 2018
- To build national capacity in frontier areas of Science and Engineering, which are of interest to India by providing research training to PhD students admitted in the Indian institutions in overseas universities / institutions of repute
- To provide opportunity to performing Indian research students to gain exposure and access to top class research facilities in academia and labs across the world.
- To tap the expertise gained by these young scientists to strengthen/initiate national programs in their domain knowledge
Fellowship & Other Components
- The selected fellows will be paid a monthly fellowship amount equivalent to US $ 2000, one-time Contingency/Preparatory allowances of Rs. 60,000/- to cover visa fee, airport transfer charges, medical insurance etc.
- The selected fellows will also be provided shortest route economy class air fare from their place of work in India to the place of the host institute and back. One additional to and fro travel cost would also be provided to the fellow, if the period of stay is one year or more
- Students should make their own arrangement for accommodation etc.
- The scheme is open to Indian nationals only
- Applicant should have registered for full-time PhD Degree in any of the recognized Institutions / Universities in India in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (including Medicine, Pharma, Agriculture and related S&T areas) disciplines
- Should have received an offer letter from a reputed overseas institution to carry out research for a specified duration. The host supervisor should provide an official confirmation that they will host the student detailing the period of stay and other requirements
- Part-Time & Sponsored Students are not considered under the Program. Also, students who have submitted their thesis for award of the Degree of PhD are not eligible to apply
Application Form & Selection
- Applications are invited from PhD students in two modes
- Indian PhD supervisors who had made research collaboration with foreign counterparts in their individual capacity. Indian/Overseas Institutions who had signed an Agreement / MoU with SERB for student mobility
- Applications will be sought twice a year. The selection would be made among students who obtained an offer letter from overseas institution to carry out research in chosen areas of interest to India
- Applicants belonging to mode (i) above should apply directly to SERB through www.serbonline.in
- In case of mode (ii) the application/recommendation should reach SERB through the Institute / University concerned. Students intend to undertake research visit to the following Universities to whom SERB had signed MoU should apply directly to the University:
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA
- Applicants should first register into the online website – click here to register
- Mrs. Heidi Arola (firstname.lastname@example.org), Managing Director for Global Partnerships
- More Details available at: http://www.purdue.edu/india/
- Applications can be submitted online at this link from 01st May 2018 to 30th June 2018
SERB New Delhi
(Statutory Body Established through an Act of Parliament: SERB Act 2008) Govt. of India, Program Coordinator, Overseas VDF, Science and Engineering Research Board, 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070, Website www.purdue.edu
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Scholarships.
For more details, follow QuickNET(Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter)