UGC monthly PG scholarship scheme for University rank holders, Know how to apply?
UGC Scholarship for UG Rank Holders – The University Grants Commission (UGC) has introduced Monthly PG Scholarship for the students who are university rank holders at the undergraduate level and want to pursue post-graduation.
UGC introduced this scholarship scheme to attract and bring in University undergraduate rank holders to pursue their postgraduate education by way of providing them good incentives in the form of scholarships.
The purpose of this scheme is to attract talent for pursuing post graduate studies besides strengthening the basic subjects at Undergraduate level. Candidates who are awarded with scholarship can pursue their postgraduate programme in any area of specialisation in any institution of higher learning in the country.
The scholarship is awarded for tenure of 2 years enabling the rank holders of each university at undergraduate level to pursue their master’s degree. All universities/degree awarding institutions would be required to issue rank certificates to the toppers of the university in B.A., B.Sc., and B.Com.
Candidates will be provided with a fellowship amount of Rs 3,100 per month for a period of 2 years. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc. The student who is awarded Post-Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
The awardees will be paid scholarship on DBT mode. The list of awardees will be pushed to Public Financial Management System (PFMS) by the NIC. PFMS will generate payment files of the awardees and scholarship would be paid for the complete duration of the post graduate course. Payments will be generated on annual basis.
Scholarship of a student may be cancelled in any of the following cases:
- Misconduct of the awardee, if any, reported by the University/ Institution.
- Unsatisfactory progress report (i.e. if the candidate scores less than 60% marks in the first year of Master’s programme.
The eligibility criteria set for the scholarship is –
- The candidates must be first and second rank holders at undergraduate level.
- Candidate must be admitted into any postgraduate programme.
- The scholarship would, however, be subjected to securing a minimum of 60 per cent marks at undergraduate level.
- Age limit for the students is 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
Note: Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme.
Know How to apply:
- Applications will be invited once in a year on the National Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Candidates who are interested and eligible for this scholarship can apply online.
Steps to apply online
- Log on to the official website of UGC, for which the link is www.ugc.ac.in
- Click on the tab ‘scholarships & fellowships
- Candidates will be redirected to a page with a list of scholarships by UGC
- Select the suitable link Follow the guidelines specified and apply
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website
Click here or more education news.
For more details, follow QuickNET ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter )