Exam Pattern and Selection Process for LIC AAO Recruitment 2019 changed
LIC AAO Recruitment 2019 – Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC India) has released the notification for recruitment of Assistant Administrative Office (AAO). As per the notification LIC India has announced total of 590 vacancies as Generalist, IT, CA, Actuarial & Rajbhasha.
This year LIC has brought a major change in Exam pattern and selection Process.
See: Fresher Jobs 2019
From this year onwards the Selection of Assistant Administrative Officers will be done through a three Stage process:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination and
The Exam pattern will have sectional timing along with minimum qualifying marks for all categories.
See: LIC AAO 2019 Notification
- Preliminary Exam consisting of objective test will be conducted online. The test will have three sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows:
- Reasoning Ability – 35 Questions, 35 Maximum Marks & Medium of Exam: English/Hindi; Minimum Qualifying Marks for SC/ST – 16 & 18 for Marks Other [20 minutes]
- Quantitative Aptitude – 35 Questions, 35 Maximum Marks & Medium of Exam: English/Hindi; Minimum Qualifying Marks for SC/ST – 16 & 18 for Marks Other [20 minutes]
- English Language – Quantitative Aptitude – 30 Questions, 30 Maximum Marks & Medium of Exam: English/Hindi; Minimum Qualifying Marks for SC/ST – 09 & 10 for Marks Other [20 minutes]
- Total – 100 No. of Questions and Minimum Marks 70- and 01-Hour duration
- English Language test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking. Candidates equal to 20 times of number of vacancies in each category, subject to availability, will be shortlisted for Main examination.
See: Government Jobs in India
- Main examination will consist of objective tests for 300 marks and descriptive test for 25 marks. Both the objective and descriptive tests will be online. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. Candidates will have to answer descriptive test by typing on the computer. Descriptive test will be administered immediately after the completion of the objective test.
- Knowledge of Language test will be of qualifying nature and the marks thereof will not be counted for ranking.
Note: There is also negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.