IMI Delhi announces Admission to Fellow Program in Management (FPM) 2019
IMI Delhi FPM Admission 2019 – International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi invites application for admission to Fellow Program in Management for the commencing year 2019
Also See : MBA Admissions 2019
- Students are expected to complete the program within four years. However, under special circumstances extension of one more year may be granted without any financial aid.
Areas of Specialization
- Economics & Business Environment
- Finance and Accounting
- Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Methods
- Strategy & General Management
IMI FPM Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last date of applying online: 18th March 2019
Eligibility Criteria for IMI Delhi FPM Admission 2019
- The candidates for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India, or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE. The degrees of candidates from foreign universities must be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Similarly, the PGDM of Indian Institutions must be recognized as equivalent to MBA by AIU or approved by AICTE.
- A Master’s’ degree or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade point average plus minimum of one year’s work experience. OR
- Any professional qualifications such as CA, CMA and CS with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks. CA/CMA/CS must also possess a graduation degree from a university recognized by AIU.
- In addition, all the candidates must have secured a minimum of 55 % marks in all of their public examinations starting with the secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics will be given due credit in the selection process.
The admission process for the FPM Program of IMI-Delhi is a three step process. The steps are as follows
- Admission form & indication of research interest: The applicant needs to complete the FPM application form. The form has to be accompanied by an abstract of 1000-1500 words about the proposed research area/topic. This may be broad based at this juncture but is critical for gauging the applicants’ interest.
- Admission/ eligibility tests: the candidate should have cleared any of the following tests
- Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, the GMAT score is also considered valid for the purpose of applying for the course. Scores of CAT/GMAT taken on or after 01 January, 2014 will be considered valid for admission to the session of 2018.
- Alternatively, the candidates could appear in the test conducted by IMI for the program.
- The recently qualified JRF/SRF candidates can also apply (Please note this should not be later than two years of the JRF offer letter, in this case 2016) in the relevant areas of specialization but they would need to appear in the test conducted by IMI
- Admission Interview: Based on the research abstract and the scores obtained in CAT/GMAT or IMI internal test, evaluation of past academic performance and relevant work experience, candidates will be called for an interview for final selection.
- Indian candidates who do not have a CAT score will have to appear for either GMAT or IMI internal test (Administered only at IMI, New Delhi).
- NRIs and foreign candidates will also need to appear in the CAT/GMAT/or IMI internal test.
Financial aid and support
- FPM stipend: The fellowship provides a monthly fellowship of INR. 25,000/- during the first two years and INR. 30,000/- during the third year and the fourth year of the program, respectively. The Fellowship amount is paid at the end of successful completion of each term for the first two years. The maximum duration of the program for availing fellowship is four years. All selected students, holding an Indian nationality, are eligible for the award of the IMI fellowship. Please note the FPM scholars who are getting a JRF/ SRF fellowship are not eligible for the fellowship.
- Contingency grants: The IMI fellowship holders are also eligible to get a liberal grant for buying book/hardware/software etc. This contingency grant-maximum INR. 30,000/- per annum is available to the FPM candidate in the third year and fourth year of the program (post the successful completion of the comprehensive exam). The grant is disseminated on production of valid and original receipts. Please note, all payments (contingency grant) requests are to be recommended by the concerned supervisor and approved by Head Research & Chairperson FPM programs.
Note: Stipend and the contingency grants are available to students possessing an Indian nationality.
IMI FPM Admission 2019 Application process
International Management Institute
B-10, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 110 016, Tel.011 47194108, Fax: 011 26867539, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.imi.edu