Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) Mumbai Post Doctoral Fellowships 2018
IGIDR Post Doctoral Fellowships 2018 – Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
Also See : Scholarships 2018
About the Fellowship
- The Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) Program has been instituted in IGIDR as part of its outreach activities. Its objective is to support high quality research by scholars with a doctoral degree and an outstanding academic record
- Up to three fellowships are available per year. The fellowships are granted for an initial period of one year, which can be extended by a maximum of one more year
Amount of Fellowship
- Post-Doctoral Fellows will receive a consolidated amount of Rs.50,000/- per month and a contingency grant of up to Rs.50,000/- per year for research related expenses against submission of bills
- The fellowship is payable up to a maximum of twenty-four months. Post-Doctoral Fellows will also be provided campus accommodation depending on availability
- In case of junior faculty who come on leave and whose salary exceeds the fellowship amount, IGIDR may consider salary protection up to the scale of lecturer/assistant professor subject to the discretion of the Director
- Applicants should be resident Indians, under 40 years of age, secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent in the Masters Degree, and should have obtained a PhD degree in the broad areas of Economics or Energy and Environment Policy
- Candidates who have completed their PhD thesis in the last six months; and/or employed as junior faculty in academic institutions; and/or have strong publication records are particularly encouraged to apply
- The PDF Committee will select the candidates based on an evaluation of their application, proposal and an interview conducted at IGIDR
- The final admission to the programme will be subject to necessary approval from the parent institution of the candidates if applicable
- Completed application should include:
- Curriculum vitae, including the list of publications, if any.
- Synopsis of the applicant’s Ph.D. thesis, (if need be, the applicant should be prepared to send a copy of the thesis).Proposed plan of post-doctoral work at IGIDR (not exceeding 3 pages).
- One ‘Writing Sample’ which could be an article or a scholarly paper published/presented in academic journals/conferences or extracts from the applicant’s past academic work.
- The subject head for email / top of the envelope for post should indicate APPLICATION FOR POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME. Letters of recommendation should be sent by the concerned persons directly to IGIDR via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) / post. Candidates shortlisted for the interview will be notified by email.
- Application Deadline & Notifications – Applications can be sent anytime by email to email@example.com or by post
For more details, please visit official website www.igidr.ac.in
Address for Communication
Ms. Martha Lobo, Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Gen. A. K. Vaidya Marg, Goregaon East,Mumbai 400065, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +91-22-28416585