Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University announces admission to M.Phil & Ph.D Program 2019
HNBGU M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019 – Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University invites application form the eligible candidates for admission to M.Phil and PhD Admission for the academic session 2019.
- School of Agriculture and Allied Sciences Ph.D. Forestry, Plant Physiology, Rural Technology, M.Phil. Environmental Plant Biology
- School of Sciences: Ph.D. : Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Home Science, Statistics, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Commerce: Ph.D. : Commerce
- School of Earth Sciences: Ph.D. : Defense and Strategic Studies, Geography, Geology
- School of Education: Ph.D. : Education, Extension Education, Yoga, Physical Education
- School of Engineering Ph.D. : Computer Science
- School of Arts, Communication and Languages Ph.D. Drawing and Painting, Mass Communication, Music, English, Hindi, Sanskrit M.Phil. : English
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences Ph.D. : Anthropology, Economics, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work
- School of Life Sciences Ph.D. : Botany, Microbiology, Zoology, Bio-technology, Biochemistry, Himalayan Aquatic Biodiversity
- School of Management Ph.D. : Business Management, Tourism
Also see : M.Phil Admission 2019
Eligibility Criteria for HNBGU M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019
- Master’s degree or a professional degree in the concerned subject or in a cognate or an allied/interdisciplinary subject, declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or
- its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or
- an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or
- For those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Also see : Phd Admission 2019
Entrance Exam Pattern
The candidates for M.Phil. And Ph.D. programmes will be admitted by two stage process through written test and interview/viva-voce: Candidates shall have to go through a written examination consisting of two sections
- Section I: Research Methodology (50 marks) and Section II: Subject specific test, based on Post Graduate syllabi of the concerned/ allied subject (50 marks). Total marks: 100.
- The question paper will contain 100 (50 in each section) objective type questions(Multiple Choice Questions).
- Please visit the University website www.hnbgu.ac.in for the syllabi of postgraduate programs of concerned subjects and a common syllabus of Research Methodology for the Entrance Test. The students shall be allowed a maximum of two hours to complete the test
Qualifying cut-off marks in Entrance Test will be 50% for General Category and
45% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently Able categories.
- All the qualified candidates in the Entrance Test will be called for interview along with the candidates exempted from the written test.
- Following will be the assessment index of 100 marks
For exempted category:
- Academic career: Distribution of 50 marks
(i) UG- 20% of total marks obtained
(ii) PG- 30% of total marks obtained
- Performance in interview: 50 marks
For the candidates who qualify entrance test
- 70% of the marks obtained in entrance test
- 30% of the marks obtained during interview/viva-voce
HNBGU M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Step 1: Deposit the online fee through the University website/State Bank Collect.
- Step 2: Register after two days once deposit the required fee
- Step 3: After successful fee confirmation and registration, login and fill the personal details, upload the photo and signature. Thereafter, fill the educational details.
- Step 4: After verifying the details submit the online application form.
How to deposit fee
- Fee will be submitted online through SBI direct facility
- .Bank draft/or any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
- General category Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently Able Rs. 250/-
HNBGU M.Phil and PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Availability of Application forms on website 04th January 2019
- Last date of receiving the fee through bank 20th January 2019
- Last date of receiving the fee through bank with late payment of Rs. 500/- 25th January 2019
- Last date of receiving the fee through bank with late payment of Rs. 1000/- 30th January 2019
- Last date of submission of online application form 31st January 2019
- Start date of downloading the admit card 20th February 2019
- Date of Entrance Test 10th March 2019
Hemawati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
(A Central University), Srinagar, Garhwal, Uttrakhand-246174, Website www.hnbgu.ac.in