Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI) Individual Research Proposal and Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) 2018
CSIR Individual Research Proposal and Post Doctoral Fellowship 2018 – Applications are invited from eligible candidates for CSIR New Delhi for Individual Research Proposal and Post Doctoral Fellowship for the academic session 2018-19
Also See : Scholarship
- Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI) is a unique program of Department of Science and Technology (DST) which is aimed to revolutionize research in various fields such as,
- Nature and origin of mental disorders of psychological, social and neuro-chemical origin
- Design of better learning tools and educational paradigms; and
- Design of better cognition based software technologies and devices, among others.
- Cognitive Science research includes emotions, language, memory, visual perception and cognition, thinking & reasoning, social cognition, decision making, artificial intelligence, computational modeling of cognitive processes, psychology, cognitive development and other important components derived from work in neurosciences, philosophy, linguistics, anthropology, etc.
- Individual Research Proposal: The project is tenable for a maximum period of three (3) years.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship: The fellowship is tenable for two (2) years.
Individual Research Proposal
- Scientists/academicians with research background in Cognitive Science and having regular position are invited to submit research proposal under CSRI.
Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Applicants holding a Ph.D Degree in Science, Engineering and allied areas of Cognitive Science are eligible for CSRI-PDF.
- Those who have submitted Ph.D thesis are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants having permanent position are not eligible.
- Age: 40 years maximum.
- Fellowship: Fellowship of Rs. 55,000/- per month and research contingency grant of Rs. 2.00 lakh per year
Application – How to Apply?
- Proposals may be submitted at e-PMS (onlinedst.gov.in) under KIRAN Division in prescribed format of ‘CSRI Individual Proposal’ or ‘CSRI-PDF’ which is available at e-PMS and at DST website.
- Two (2) hardcopies of uploaded research proposal or PDF applications should also be sent to Dr. Vandana Singh, Officer-in-charge, Department of Science and Technology, Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016 by Speed Post. The envelope should be superscribed with “Cognitive Science Research Initiative (CSRI)” or “CSRI-PDF” as the case may be.
Last Date of Submission of Proposals for both Components: 20 July 2018