National Institute of Technology, Puducherry (NITP) announces admission to PhD Program 2019
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2019 – National Institute of Technology Puducherry (NITP), Karaikal, an Institute of National importance under MHRD, Govt. of India Karaikal has invited applications for admission to PhD Programs 2018-19 (January Session).
Given below are details on NIT PhD Admission 2018-19 with its notification, eligibility criteria and application process
Also See : Phd Admissions
The PhD Program
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) accept applications from aspirants for PhD Programs in NIT twice a year for academic (June to July) and (January to December) Calendar year respectively.
- The PhD Program is broad based and involves a minimum course credit requirement and a research thesis. The degree of PhD is awarded for research work in the areas recognized by the academic departments of the institute.
PhD Degree Program Offered
- PhD Degree Program is offered in various departments as follows: Civil Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Electronics and Communication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Mathematics; Physics; Chemistry and; English
- A full time candidate can submit the synopsis and thesis only after a minimum period of study of 21 and 24 months respectively from the date of registration.
- A part time candidate can submit the synopsis and thesis only after a minimum period of study of 33 and 36 months respectively from the date of registration.
- The maximum period to complete the program is 5 years for full time candidates and 7 years for part time.
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 28th December 2018
- Publication of Shortlisted Candidates (institute Website): 05th January 2019
- Date of Written Test & Interview: 12th January 2019 (Reporting Time 8.30 am)
- Publication of Selected List of Candidates (Institute Website): 16th January 2019
- Reporting Date for Admission: 21st January 2019
- There are three categories under NIT PhD Admission:
- Full Time – Stipendiary Category
- Full Time – Project Category
- Full Time – Non Stipendiary Category
- NIT’s also offers PhD (Part time – External /On Campus Categories) which are classified as
- Part Time (external)
- Part Time (on-campus)
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2019
PhD in Engineering
- Applicants with Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree by Research (M.S. By Research) in Engineering/Technology disciplines with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG and in PG for admission under OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ST candidates.
- Applicants with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with valid GATE Score with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or) CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG for admission under OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ST candidates.
PhD Degree in Science & Humanities
- Applicants with First class Master’s degree in Sciences & Humanities in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks (CGPA 6.5/10) in UG and in PG for OC/OBC category and 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0 for SC/ST candidates.
- A Valid NET//UGC/CSIR/SET Score is mandatory for all full time institute MHRD fellowship candidates of Science & Humanities.
- GATE/NET/UGC/CSIR/SET score is desirable for Full-Time and Part-Time PhD admission in Engineering, Science, and Humanities
- Research areas of all the departments
- Final year PG students are eligible to apply.
Selection Procedure for NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2019
- The shortlisted candidates will be screened by written test and interview by the Departmental Selection Committee. The list of candidates recommended by the Departmental Selection Committee is sent to the Director for Approval.
- Selected candidates as approved by the Director will be offered to enroll to the PhD Program by remitting the prescribed fees. The candidate should also remit fees every semester as prescribed by the institute failing which registration will be cancelled.
- Ordinarily, a candidate is not eligible for re-registration for Ph.D. after cancellation of his/her earlier registration for any reason. However, depending on the merits and considering any special circumstance of the individual case, a candidate may be considered for re-registration after Director’s approval.
Payment of Fees Details
One Time Fees at the time of Admission
- Admission – Rs. 200/-
- Grade Card – Rs. 150/-
- Medical Examination – Rs. 100/-
- Alumni Life Membership – Rs. 500/-
- Seminar/Thesis – Rs. 950/-
- Institute Deposit (Refundable) – Rs. 3,000/-
- Library Deposit (Refundable) – Rs. 500/-
- Total – Rs. 5,400/-
- Tuition – Rs. 7500/-
- Computer – Rs.1000/-
- Internet – Rs.300/-
- Library – Rs. 1,000/-
- Registration and Enrollment – Rs. 200/-
- Association and Cultural – Rs. 1,000/-
- Student Aid fee – Rs. 200/-
- Sports Centre – Rs. 100/-
- Medical and Insurance – Rs. 200/-
- Total – Rs.11500/-
- Establishment – Rs. 4,000.00
- ii) Rent – Rs.6000/-
- iii) Mess – Rs.12500/-
- iv) One Time Caution Deposit (Refundable) – Rs. 4,000/-
- Total – Rs.26,500/-
NIT Puducherry PhD Admission 2019 Application Form
- Applicants applying for PhD Program can apply through the downloaded application form available at www.nitpy.ac.in.
- A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/PH) has to be paid through SBI Collect, which is to mentioned in the application form.
- The filled up application form along with self-attested photocopies of mark-sheets, degree certificates, community certificates, and the necessary enclosures should reach ‘The Associate Dean (Academic), National Institute of Technology Puducherry, Thiruvettakudy, Karaikal-609609 on or before 28th December 2018.