PhD Admission 2019 at IIHMR Jaipur | PhD Degree 2019
IIHMR Jaipur PhD Admission 2019: Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR) Jaipur has invited application for admission to the Doctoral of Philosophy – PhD Program for 2019-20 sessions.
Objectives of the PhD Program
The PhD Program broadly aims at building and strengthening research capacity in three broad thrust areas of IIHMR that include i) public health/health systems, ii) pharmaceutical management and iii) development studies
IIHMR Jaipur PhD Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants for admission to the PhD program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s or M.Phil degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Able and other categories of applicants as per UGC Guidelines from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
IIHMR Jaipur PhD Selection Procedure
The admission process will include three steps: screening of applications, IIHMR Research Aptitude Test (IRAT) and personal interview.
IIHMR Research Aptitude Test (IRAT)
The IIHMR University will conduct a qualifying test after the screening of applications and short-listing applicants. IRAT will be a written test consisting of multiple choice questions from English language proficiency, reasoning, basic quantitative analysis and research aptitude. The Test will be conducted at IIHMR University, Jaipur on the date that will be communicated separately.
Admission to the Research Degree Program shall be subject to the fulfillment of the minimum cut-off marks as prescribed from time to time by UGC. Final selection for admission shall be made on the basis of the merit of the composite score.
Exemption from IRAT: The following categories will be exempted from the written IRAT:
UGC CSIR qualified JRF & NET, SLET, GATE and Teacher Research Fellowship holder and have passed M.Phil programme in relevant subjects.
Check out Entrance Exams 2019
The personal interview will be conducted on the day of IRAT or next day after IRAT at the IIHMR University, Jaipur.
At the time of the interview, the applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation.
The programme follows the semester system. There will be 6 semesters spread over the period of three years, with two semesters in each year. Each semester will be equivalent to one term. The PhD Program consists of two phases.
IIHMR Jaipur PhD Application Procedure
The applicant can apply online through website www.iihmr.org or download the application from website www.iihmr.edu.in.
The application must be sent along with a Demand Draft (DD) for Rs.1000/-. The duly filled in application form along with all the required documents may be submitted to the Dean, Research, IIHMR, 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur-302029.
IIHMR Jaipur PhD Admission Dates 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Application: January 25th, 2019
- Date of IRAT & Personal Interview: 01st and 02nd February 2019
- Commencement of Session: April 06th, 2019
IIHMR Jaipur Address
The IIHMR University, 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur, Rajasthan-302029, Email: [email protected], Website www.iihmr.org.