Power Grid Recruitment 2018 for 58 Diploma Trainee & Junior Officer Trainee Posts – Apply Now
Power Grid Recruitment 2018 – PGCIL has issued a notification for the recruitment of Diploma Trainee (Electrical), Diploma Trainee (Civil) and Junior Officer Trainee (HR) & Junior Technician Trainee (Electrical) for ERTS-II Vacancy at 58 Posts. Interested candidates may apply by 02nd August 2018 till 11.59 PM.
Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below.
About the PGCIL
- POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India and a “Navratna” Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India, is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids.
PGCIL Recruitment 2018 Notification Highlights
- Eastern Region Transmission System-II, POWERGRID, is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic persons to join its fold as Diploma Trainees (Electrical/Civil), Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) & Jr. Technician Trainees (Electrical) as detailed below.
- Organization: Power Grid Corporation of India
- Job Type: Central Government Jobs
- Job Location: All over India
- Total No. of Vacancies: 58 Posts
PGCIL Vacancy Details
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical): 25 Posts
- Diploma Trainee (Civil): 05 Posts
- Jr. Officer Trainee (HR): 03 Posts
- Jr. Technician Trainee (Electrical): 25 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for Power Grid Recruitment 2018
- Candidates are requested to check their education qualification required for various Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) job opportunities
Diploma Trainee (Electrical)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized Technical Board/ Institute, with minimum 70% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years for General/OBC (NCL) and pass marks for SC/ ST/PWD (OH-OL)
Diploma Trainee (Civil)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from recognized Technical Board/ Institute, with minimum 70% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years for General / OBC (NCL) / ST and pass marks for SC
Jr. Officer Trainee (HR)
- Two years (Full time course) PG Diploma in Personnel Management course (or) MHRM (or) MSW (with Personnel Management as main subject) or MBA (02 years full time with specialization in HR) or equivalent from recognized Institute with minimum 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years
- Wherever specialization is mentioned, subjects in specialization required should have been part of the examination cleared and find mention in the final mark sheet/degree certificate or the specialization should be certified by the concerned University/ Institute attended / attending by the candidates. Similarly, in case when a candidate claims to have PG Degree/PG Diploma/ MBA in an equivalent discipline, she/he shall necessarily have to submit mark-sheets indicating subjects studied and certificate from the institute
Jr. Technician Trainee (Electrical)
- ITI in Electrician Trade of Two Years duration from a recognized Institute
Upper Age Limit
- 27 years (Age Relaxation is applicable for reserved vacancy as per the extant norms)
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Persons with Disabilities: 10 years
- SC/ST PWD: 15 years
- OBC PWD: 13 years
- For more reference kindly check the PGCIL official notification 2018
Selection Process for Power Grid Recruitment 2018
- Mode of Selection as per post is as follows:
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical) – Computer Based Test (100 % Weightage)
- Diploma Trainee (Civil) – Computer Based Test (100 % Weightage)
- Jr. Officer Trainee (HR) – Computer Based Test (100 % Weightage) & Computer Skills Test (Qualifying only)
- Jr. Technician Trainee (Electrical) – Computer Based Test (100 % Weightage) & Trade Test (Qualifying only)
- Computer Based Test (CBT) shall be of Objective Type of two-hours duration consisting of two parts –
- Part-I consists of Professional Knowledge Test having 120 questions of respective discipline.
- Part-II consists of Supervisory Aptitude Test (for Diploma Trainees-Electrical/Civil and Junior Officer Trainee-HR) & General Aptitude test (for Junior Technician Trainee-Electrical) having 50 questions on vocabulary, verbal comprehension, quantitative aptitude, reasoning ability, ability to determine data sufficiency, interpretation of graphs/charts/tables, numerical ability etc.
- For Supervisor Posts – To qualify against unreserved vacancies of the Supervisory Grade Posts (Diploma Trainees and Junior Officer Trainee-HR) candidates have to score at least 40% marks in Computer Based Test (CBT) along with at least 30% marks in Part I and II of the test separately. For reserved vacancies, the qualifying criteria in Computer Based Test (CBT) is 30% marks with at least 25% marks scored in Part I and II separately.
- For Workmen Posts – (Junior Technician Trainee-Electrical)- To qualify candidates have to score minimum aggregate of 40% marks (Part I & II combined) in case of Unreserved vacancies and minimum aggregate of 30% marks (Part I & II combined) for reserved vacancies.
- All questions carry equal marks. For Wrong or multiple answers candidates would get negative marks (¼ the marks for each wrong/multiple choice made)
- The Written Test shall be held at the following centers – Kolkata, Siliguri, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack
Application Fee for Power Grid Recruitment 2018
- Candidates belonging other than SC/ST/PwD/Ex-SM/Departmental Candidates category are required to pay a non-refundable Registration fee as follows
- Diploma Trainee – (Electrical) Rs.300/-
- Diploma Trainee – (Civil) Rs.300/-
- Junior Officer Trainee (HR) – Rs.300/-
- Junior Technician Trainee (Electrical) – 200/-
- Pay the Exam Fee through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or Pay Offline through E Challan
- Diploma Trainee (Electrical/Civil) & Junior Officer Trainee (HR) = Stipend of Rs.16500/- p.m. during training period. On successful completion of training to be regularized as Jr. Engineer/Officer Gr-IV (S-1) in the Pay Scale – Rs.16000-35500/-(IDA) (under revision w.e.f. 01.01.2017)
- Junior Technician Trainee (Electrical) = Stipend of Rs.11500/- per month during training period. On successfully completion of training to be regularized as Jr. Technician (W-3) in the Pay Scale Rs.11500-26000/-(IDA) (under revision w.e.f. 01.01.2017)
Application Form for Power Grid Recruitment 2018
- The candidates found eligible based on the information submitted by them can download their admit card indicating roll number, name of the test venue and guidelines for the test from our website https://www.powergridindia.com/er-ii-recruitment
- Candidates should have a valid personal e-mail ID and mobile number. It should be kept active during the entire recruitment process. Registration number, password, and all other important communication will be sent on the same registered e-mail ID (please ensure that email sent to this mailbox is not redirected to your junk / spam folder)
- Registration of Personal Details, and Contact details. Login Id and password will be sent to you through e-mail on registered e-Mail Id.
- Login to complete the Personal Details, Qualification Details, Declaration.
- The payment of Application Fee after 24 hours through Online mode via Debit card, Credit card or Internet banking through State Bank collect System of State Bank of India.
Important Dates for Power Grid Recruitment 2018
- Online Registration Start Date 12th September 2018 (10:00 Hrs.)
- Online Registration Closing Date 02nd October 2018 (23:59 Hrs.)
- Last date of Payment of Application Fee (for registered candidates only) 04th October 2018 (23:59 Hrs.)
- Cut-Off Date for the purpose of Upper Age limit: 02nd October 2018
- Availability of Admit cards Online: Will be notified in website
- Date of Computer Based Test (CBT): Will be notified in website