University of North Bengal announces M.A. /M.Sc. /M.Com. /B.Lib.I.Sc. Admission Notification 2018
University of North Bengal PG Admission 2018 – University of North Bengal is offering admission into 1st Semester of M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., B.Lib.I.Sc. Courses for the session 2018-19 through online system during the period from 04th Jul to 15th July 2018 (24:00 Hr.)
Also See : M.Sc Admissions 2018
Candidates can fill their application form for said courses from the online method. Candidates can check the complete information PG Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below
- P.G. – [M.A., M.Sc., M.Com. & B.Lib.I.Sc.]
Also See : M.Com Admissions 2018
- Candidates with Honours Degree [10+2+3 system] in the respective subject from a recognized University shall be eligible to apply for admission to M.Sc. / M.A. courses. Candidates who have passed UG Exam three years earlier or more before the year of admission shall not be eligible for admission to M.Sc. / M.A. courses (e.g., candidate passing UG Exam in 2014 or before shall not be eligible for admission in P.G. courses of the session 2018-2019)
For M.A Course
- Honours graduates [10+2+3 system] in History / Political Science / Geography / Economics / Sociology / Anthropology are eligible for admission to M.A. in Strategic and Area Studies.
- Honours graduates [10+2+3 system] in Journalism & Mass Communication or Honours graduates in any other discipline are eligible for admission to M.A. in Mass Communication.
- Honours / Major [10+2+3 system] in Rural Development, B.A. [10+2+3 system] with Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development, B.A. Honours [10+2+3 system] in History / Political Science / Economics / Sociology / Philosophy / Social Works / Geography / Anthropology or Honours in other subject are eligible for admission to M.A. in Rural Development.
- M.A. in Rural Development: Honours graduates in History / Political Science / Economics / Sociology / Philosophy / Social Works / Geography / Anthropology or in other subject may be considered only after considering the Honours / Major in Rural Development & B.A. with Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Development.
Also See : Admission Notifications 2018
For M.Sc. Course
- Microbiology: Honours graduates in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Life Science, Botany, Zoology, Physiology may be considered only after considering the Honours graduates in Microbiology.
- Anthropology: Honours graduates in Sociology/Geography/Zoology/Botany/Physics/Chemistry may be considered for admission to Anthropology only after considering the Honours graduates in Anthropology.
- Tea Science: Honours graduates in any branch of Science and Agriculture
- Biotechnology: Seven students will be taken from DBT panel and three seats will be filled up by NBU graduates having 55% marks [for SC, ST &PwD 50% marks] in Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering & Technology, Medicine & Dentistry may be considered.
- MCA: Thirty students will be taken from the panel of JECA. Eligibility: Graduates or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./B.Tech./BCA of a University/Institute. Candidate must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidate have to secure 60% marks [55% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B &PwD candidates] at each level of education
Eligibility for B.Lib.I.Sc
- A candidate shall be eligible for admission:
- Postgraduates Honours Graduates and General Graduates (3year course) in any stream from any recognized university shall be eligible to apply for admission
- Candidates passed in their respective subjects, three years prior to current academic session shall not be eligible to seek admission into Bachelor of Library and Information Science course (e.g., candidate passing PG/UG Exam in 2015 or before shall not be eligible for admission in Bachelor of Library and Information Science course of the session 2018-19)
- However, for admission of NBU candidates under 60% of the quota, preferences will be given to higher qualification to lower qualification (i.e. first-Post Graduates, Second-Honours Graduates and Third General Graduates)
- For admission of other University [including NBU] candidates under 40% of the quota, no priority will be given to any higher degree holder (i.e. Post Graduates, Honours Graduates and General Graduates will be treated at par)
- Admission to all courses shall be made on the basis of such principles of selection as may be laid down. A student admitted to one Department will not be allowed to take the transfer to any other Dept.
- Those who will be declared eligible for admission shall have to pay all charges required for admission within a time limit as may be fixed. They have to submit two Affidavits towards curbing the menace of ragging (one by the candidate & another one by the Parent / Guardian), signed before a Notary, to this office at the time of admission which will remain in force during the whole tenure of the course of study
- If a student selected for admission does not get himself/herself admitted within the specified time he/she will forfeit his/her claim for admission
- The name of a student shall be struck off from the Roll if he/she fails to attend 50% of the classes held during the first 7 teaching days. A student has to attend at least 75% of the classes and tutorials held in a Semester to be eligible to sit for the Exam
- Online application form for University of North Bengal PG Admission 2018 has been released by University of Bengal
- Eligible candidates can apply online from official website i.e., www.nbuonline.in or the direct provided below
- A student who wants to join this University on migration from another University shall have to submit a Migration Certificate and Registration Fee of Rs. 250/- within one month from the date of admission.
- Online application for admission in PG courses is mandatory for all potential incumbents. Candidates are instructed to visit www.nbu.ac.in for detail information regarding online application
- After admission if at any point of time during the tenure of the course it is detected that marksheet/s submitted and/or the information given by the candidate is/are forged/false, the admission of the candidate will be cancelled by the authority forthwith
- Rs.150/- for general candidates and Rs.60/- for SC/ST/OBC of the State of West Bengal and BPL/PwD candidates only on production of relevant certificates
- Keep the following items in your hand before applying:
- Email id
- Mobile no
- Scanned photograph (Less than 100KB)
- Scanned signature (Less than 100KB)
- Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card if available
- Application can be filled for PG Courses in online mode at nbuonline.in. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and read the other instruction carefully before filling online application
- Commencement of submission of Online Application: 04th Jul 2018
- Last date of submission of Online Application & making payment of fees: 15th July 2018
- 04. Online Publication of Provisional Merit List for Admission [60% of the intake]: 20th July 2018
- Online submission of fees of candidates in Provisional Merit List for Admission [60% of the intake]: 21st July 2018 to 23rd July 2018
- Admission Test for candidates of other Universities including University of North Bengal [40% of the intake]: 27th July 2018
- Results of Admission Test should be sent to the Office of the Secretary: 31st July 2018
- Online Publication of Provisional Merit List for Admission [40% of the intake]: 04th Aug 2018
- Online submission of fees of candidates in Provisional Merit List for Admission [40% of the intake]: 05th Aug 2018 to 07th Aug 2018
- Online Publication of Provisional 2nd Merit List for Admission [60% of the intake & 40% of the intake]: 09th Aug 2018
- Online submission of fees of candidates in Provisional 2nd Merit List for Admission [60% of the intake & 40% of the intake]: 10th Aug to 12th Aug 2018
- Online Publication of Provisional 3rd Merit List for Admission [60% of the intake & 40% of the intake]: 14th Aug 2018
- Online submission of fees of candidates in Provisional 3rd Merit List for Admission [60% of the intake & 40% of the intake]: 15th to 16th Aug 2018
- Commencement of P.G. 1st Semester Classes 16th Aug 2018