University of Mumbai notify Admission into Professional Master’s Degree Program in Data Science 2018
University of Mumbai Master’s, Micro Degree Admission 2018 – University of Mumbai will release the notification for admission to the Master’s Degree /Micro Degree Program in Data Science by Department of Computer Science for the academic year 2018-19
Also See : Admission Notifications 2018
About the Program
- Master’s/Macro degrees in Data Science 2018 Admission Entrance Test University Department of Computer Science, University of Mumbai
- To produce world class data scientists, at least 500 in the next 10 years.
- Last Date for receipt of Completed Applications is 18th July 2018
- Admission through a National-Wide Entrance Test on 27th July 2018
- As the Program shall be offered in blended MOOC model, there shall not be any limit on the intake; To begin with we plan to offer admissions to top 1000 scorers in the admission entrance test (We shall close the on-line application link if receive 5000 applications before the deadline)
- Based on the response and demand from the applicants, the online registration will be made available after this count.
- 2 years, i.e., 4 semesters, specialized Program including a rigorous training, a capstone project and one semester internships with Wadhwani Institute of Artificial Intelligence (WIAI) or any such industry
- Anybody having passed XII or higher standard exam with minimum 50% score can appear for the national level entrance exam and take admission if gets through. The admissions to Master’s degree (MSc in Computer Science, specialization data science) shall be open to the graduates of this University or its equivalents
- The candidates who qualify the entrance test and not having completed their graduation could take admission to micro degrees (Certificates) and allowed to accumulate credits by qualifying discrete Courses of this Program by following the pre-requisite structure
- The credits earned by such candidates shall be recognized and transferred by this University and be utilized by the candidates wherever applicable
- Candidates who qualify the entrance test and have taken admission in any of the Programs of this University that includes a Master’s Program, can accumulate up to half of the credits of this Program while completing the other Program and secure Master’s in Computer Science with specialization in Data Science by earning the remaining credits in one year any time after his/ her graduation
- The admission procedure to this Program shall be opened twice a year, i.e., in the months July and December. Since the Program will be offered in the blended MOOC model the students taking admission to this Program would be eligible to take admission simultaneously in some other Program of This or any other University subject to the Dual degree facilities of the respective Institutions
Mode of Dissemination of Knowledge:
- A blended MOOC model tested by IITB for its performance has been proposed; Each Course shall be equivalent of 6 credits, the teaching-learning spread over 16 weeks, ideally each week a student is expected to study 6 videos, each of 15-20 minutes, each ending with an activity that calls for the similar amount of time, attend 2 hours of tutoring and 2 hours of practical offered in a flipped classroom and, contribute to forum discussions on 2 threads by spending half an hour on each thread
- This counts to 8 hours per week teaching learning per Course; engaging 32 hours a week a student in a Semester that is at par with our F2F Programs WIAI shall help generating MOOCs and sponsor honorarium of 2 SRF (Assistant Professor cadre) and a Program Coordinator (Professor cadre) in UDCS and employ a Program manager at their end for the initial three years
- The personnel will be responsible for the class and lab tutoring with the help of the MOOCs that would be finalized by UoM in consultation with WIAI
- The theory and practice sessions of the Program would be conducted through and in UDCS. WIAI shall get a MOOC studio built in the Department, till that, the facilities available at IITB shall be shared under an academic agreement that is in process
- Fees for the Entrance Exam shall be Rs 500/- per student per attempt; If admitted to the Courses from the first three semesters then a student has to pay Tuition fee Rs 4000 / – and Exam fee Rs 1000/-per Course plus, Convocation and other fees like Gymkhana, insurance etc., as prescribed by UoM
- Fees for the Fourth semester will be 10K that includes the Departmental support in mentoring and processing fees that may require to publish student’s work and file patents etc. (Tentatively the fees per semester would come up to 25K per semester that is at par with the present fees of CS &IT Programs
A novel incentive is recommended
- A candidate scoring 50% or more shall be awarded up to 50% discount in the fees in his / her further studies towards the completion of This Program
- Please read all instruction carefully and then start the application form filling. To fill the online application form https://mahapariksha.gov.in/
- Please find below the instructions for registration. Candidate has to click on “Click here to Apply” Tab. Candidate will be directly redirected to the registration portal. For first time registration, candidate has to click on Register button and enter the Username, password and email id. The candidate will receive an activation link to his/her registered e-mail ID, subsequent to his successful signup
- Applicant can pay fees by Credit/Debit card / ATM pin/Internet banking/ Wallet /cash card/IMPS. Applicant can pay as per his convenience. Only Online payment is available.
- If applicant has failed to pay due to lack of Electricity or Internet, then he has to re login to complete the payment process. After fee payment applicant will get Message “payment successful” and the transaction details will be populated on the registration form. Print of Application form.
- Applicant should keep one copy of application form
- Application form is not required to submit to any office
For further details, visit http://udcs.mu.ac.in or https://www.mahapariksha.gov.in