M.Sc. (Nursing) Course in Dr MGR Medical University Chennai 2018-19
Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai MSc Nursing Admission 2018 – Application for admission to M.Sc. (Nursing) Course 2018-19 Session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges & Government Seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges affiliated to the Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University
Govt. of Tamilnadu
- Health & Family Welfare (PME1) Department, Selection Committee will not be responsible for consequences resulting due to non-diligent follow-up of notices, notification and publications appearing on the websites regarding admission to M.Sc. (Nursing) Course 2018-19 session
- The duration of the M.Sc. (Nursing) course shall be (02) Two Years
- Total No. of Seats Available – 21 seats
- Date of Notification 19th September 2018
- Commencement of online application 19th September 2018
- Last Date for online application 30th September 2018 upto 05.00 P.M.
- Last Date for receipt of Print out of online application 01st October 2018 upto 05.00 PM
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc. (Nursing) Course should be citizens of India and natives of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity who have completed B.Sc. (Nursing) in other States should furnish a Certificate of Nativity in Tamil Nadu issued by the Competent Authority only and supported by a copy of Passport/ Ration Card/Voter’s ID/Driving License. If the copy of the supporting document is not submitted, then the application form will be rejected.
- Nativity Certificate submitted later will be summarily rejected
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc. Nursing Degree awarded by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University or any other University recognized as Equivalent thereto by the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University / Indian Nursing Council. Candidates who have qualified from other universities should obtain and produce an Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for selection.
- Candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc. (Nursing) course should have obtained not less than 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) of the total marks obtained in all semesters taken together in the B.Sc. (Nursing) Degree Course. In case of failure (s) the pass marks in the subsequent attempt(s) shall be taken for calculation purpose. Number of attempts is not considered for calculation of marks.
- B.Sc. (Nursing) graduates who are serving in Tamil Nadu Medical Service on a regular basis and who have completed two years of service as on 31st August 2018
Selection & Admission
- The Selection will be made by counselling based on merit and by applying the Rule of Reservation/Roster method followed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu wherever applicable. The rule of reservation shall be as follows:
- Open Competition – 31%
- Backward Class – 30%
- Most Backward / DE notified – 20%
- Scheduled Caste – 18%
- Scheduled Tribe – 1%
- BC, BCM, MBC, DNC, SC, SCA & ST are eligible for selection under open competition as per merit in addition to the reservation made for them.
- Within the 30% reservation for Backward Classes 3.5% reservation will be provided for Muslims and 16% of seats out of 18% Quota earmarked to Scheduled Caste Arundhati Community
- 50% of seats in each speciality and in each college are reserved for service candidates, in addition to those service candidates selected in the open category
- A common Merit List for the M.Sc. (Nursing) Degree Courses will be prepared for a total mark of 100 by computing of academic marks for 90 and experience marks for 10.
- The total marks obtained in all the semester exam of B.Sc. (Nursing) / Post Basic put together which is reduced to the base of 90 marks and the weighted total marks obtained should be calculated accurate to two decimals
- Government Colleges (Rs. per annum) – Rs.5000/-
- Self-financing Colleges (Rs. per annum) – Rs.50,000 (For 2017-18)
- Fee for 2018-19 will be fixed by the fee Committee and will be informed. Special fees and other fees are to be paid at the time of admission in respective colleges.
Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai MSc Nursing Admission 2018 Application Procedure
- Application for admission to M.Sc. (Nursing) Course 2018-19 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges and Government Seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges affiliated to the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University will be available in Websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedialselection.org
- Any change or modification and relevant information pertaining to this admission process will be made available on the websites www.tnhealth.org / www.tnmedicalselection.org
- SC/SCA/ST Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity are exempted from application fee
- Attested recent identical passport size photographs should be affixed to the application form and scrutiny form
- Candidates seeking admission to M.Sc. (Nursing) Course 2018-19 session in Tamil Nadu Government Medical Colleges and Govt. Seats in Self-financing Medical Colleges affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University should submit the printout of filled in online application form with necessary enclosures and a Demand Draft for Rs.1200/- which is non- refundable, drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee,Kilpauk,Chennai-10” payable at Chennai towards the cost of application, which should reach on or before 01st October 2018 05.00 PM
Govt. of Tamilnadu
Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, No..162, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-600010, Phone No: 044-28361674, Websites www.tnhealth.org /www.tnmedicalselection.org