The online application process of Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET 2017) conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam has commenced from March 30 and exam for the academic session 2017-18 is scheduled to be held on July 30, 2017. Last date for Submission of Online Applications without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee) is May 10, 2017. The due date to submit the application form with late fee of Rs. 1000 + Registration Fee is May 17, 2017, with late fee of Rs. 2000 + Registration Fee is May 24, 2017 and with Late of Rs. 5000 + Registration Fee it is June 10, 2017.
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject. The qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
Last date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee) 10th May 2017
With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000+Registration Fee 17th May 2017
With a Late fee of Rs. 2,000+Registration Fee 24th May 2017
With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000+Registration Fee (Examination at Visakhapatnam Centre only) 10th June 2017
Date of Examination 30th July 2017
Also Check: NET/SET Tips to crack the exam
The State Eligibility Test (SET) is based on the pattern of the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC. The APSET-2017 examination will be conducted in 31 subjects for which UGC has granted permission.
The examination will be conducted in 6 regional centres namely, 1) Visakhapatnam 2) Rajamahendravaram (Rajamundry) 3) Guntur 4) Nellore 5) Ananthapur and 6) Thirupati. The Registration fee structure for the APSET 2017 for General category is: Rs.1000 while for the OBC category it is Rs. 800 and for those belonging to SC/ST/PH/VH category it is Rs. 500. The Registration for AP-SET through online application and requisite fee can be paid through Credit/Debit card/NET banking.
Also Check: Paper I Preparation Tips
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor
- Marks Required: Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examinations from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent as per the marks stated above.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
Official Notification: Click Here
Apply Online: Click Here
- NTA UGC NET: Paper I Preparation Tips
- List of Subjects & Syllabus
- Check here to know more about PhD Regulations and latest News in academics
- UGC NET/JRF Exam Reference Books & Study Materials
- General Studies Study Techniques and Entrance Exam Preparation
- How to Improve Reading Comprehension Skills
- Reasoning Preparation Tips | Logical Reasoning
- English Preparation Tips for Competitive Exams