Tezpur University Admission 2018 | PhD in Tezpur University | PhD Degree Online | PhD Courses 2018
Tezpur University Assam has invited applications for admission to PhD Programs for the year of 2018 Spring sessions.
Tezpur University – About the University
Tezpur University was established on January 21, 1994 by an Act of Parliament of India, The Tezpur University Act, 1993 (Act No. 45), as a non-affiliating and residential Central University. The University is located at Napaam, about 15 km east of Tezpur town in the Sonitpur District of Assam. The sprawling, serene and green University Campus of about 262 acres provides the best of the ambience including modern infrastructure conducive for learning and dedicated research.
The academic programs offered in the University have a distinct focus on science, technology and humanities, reflecting the objective of the University. At present, the University offers Doctor of Philosophy programme in 19 disciplines, Masters programme in 25 disciplines, Post-Graduate Diploma in 3 disciplines, B.Tech. in 6 disciplines, Certificate programme in 3 disciplines, Integrated M.Sc. in 4 disciplines, Integrated B.Sc. B.Ed. in 3 disciplines; and Integrated M.A., Integrated B.A.B.Ed., Integrated M.Com., Diploma and Advanced Diploma in 1 discipline each. The University offers Add-on courses on Yoga and Violin too.
Tezpur University Application Form 2018 | Tezpur University Admission Process
Interested eligible applicants may APPLY ONLINE through the University Website by paying a fee of Rs. 350/- for SC, ST and PWD applicants and Rs. 700/- for other categories of applicants. Additional bank charge may apply.
The applicants are required to fill-in the application form online in the University website www.tezu.ernet.in Applicants should read and follow the instructions (that are available on the website) carefully while filling in the relevant columns of the online application form. Payment is to be made online using either credit card, or debit card, or net-banking. The transaction detail is to be printed and preserved for later reference.
Applicants qualified with the UGC/CSIR-JRF are eligible to apply for Ph.D. program for the Spring semester 2018. Selection will be based on their performance in the personal interview scheduled to be held on December 15th, 2017. The names of the applicants eligible for personal interview will be published on the University website. No individual call letter shall be sent.
The University shall admit Ph.D. students under the following categories:
- Full Time: Students under this category shall work full time for the Ph.D. courses/ research. They may apply for fellowship/assistantship available from different funding agencies.
- Sponsored: Applicants may be sponsored by recognised R&D organisations, national institutions, other universities, government organizations or industries. They shall be admitted through the normal process, and they shall not be entitled to any fellowship/assistantship from the University. They shall work full time for the Ph.D. courses/research. Scanned copy of the Sponsorship / No Objection Certificate from the employer in the prescribed format given in Annexure I will be required to upload while submitting the application form.
- Project Fellows: Students working on different research projects at Tezpur University may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria, subject to the consent of the Principal Investigator of the project.
- Part Time: Applicants employed in nearby academic institution /University (including Tezpur University)/ R&D organizations may be considered for admission into the Ph.D. program of Tezpur University, following the normal admission procedure. They shall have to fulfil the stipulated requirements for Ph.D. admission.
The following departments/ centre of Tezpur University will offer Ph.D. programme for JRF qualified applicants in Spring Semester 2018:
School of Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Food Engineering and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- English and Foreign Languages
School of Management Sciences
School of Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
A student admitted to the Ph.D. program shall be required to complete specified course work prior to the submission of Plan of Research as per the recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee (DRC)/ Centre’s Research Committee (CRC). Currently the scholars are required to complete a total of 16 credits (1 credit generally consists of one hour lecture/ tutorials or two hours of practical in a week). As a step initiated by the University towards implementation of Choice Based Credit System (CBCS), out of the stipulated credit requirement 4 credits should be from another Department. All selected applicants have to complete the course work within the first two semesters.
The courses opted by the students in a particular semester are to be registered on the specified date(s). For newly admitted students, registration of courses shall take place during 18-19 January 2018 along with the admission formalities.
Tezpur University PhD Admission Dates 2018
Online portal opens on November 07th, 2017
Online application closes on November 26th, 2017
Publication of shortlisted names December 01st, 2017 (Tentative)
Date of personal interview December 15th, 2017
Date of admission and course registration: 18th – 19th January, 2018
Tezpur University Address
Postal Address: Tezpur University, Napaam, Tezpur, Sonitpur, Assam (India), Pin – 784 028. Phone/Fax Phone : +91-3712-267007/8/9, Fax : +91-3712-267005/6, Email/Web Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Web : http://www.tezu.ernet.in.