SGGSWU Admission Notice for PhD (2018-19)
SGGSWU PhD Admission 2018 – Applications on prescribed form are invited from the eligible candidates for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in various disciplines for the academic session 2018-19
Also See : Phd Admission
Phd Program offered in following disciplines:
- Biotechnology 2. Botany 3. Chemistry 4. Commerce & Management 5. Computer Science 6. Economics 7. Education 8. Law 9. Mathematics 10. Mechanical Engineering 11. Nanotechnology 12. Physical Education & Sports Technology 13. Physics 14. Punjabi 15. Sociology 16. Zoology
- Without late fee: 9th July 201
- With late fee of Rs. 500/-: 23rd July 2018
- Entrance Test: 27th July 2018
Schedule of Interviews for different subjects will be available on University website: www.sggswu.edu.in
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA out of 10 (50% marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST candidates, OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled persons who have at least 40% disability) or those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 from a recognized Indian or Foreign University in the subject concerned or allied-subject.
- The eligibility of foreign students shall be determined on the basis of recognition of their degree equivalence to (a) above by Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi or any other notified authority for the purpose by the Government of India.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Also See : Admission Notification
Weightage of different components for determining merit for admission to Ph.D. programme is as under:
- Percentage of Marks in Graduation – 5
- Percentage of Marks in Post-Graduation – 30
- Interview – 10
- Publications** – 5 (Max.)
The test will comprise of the following two papers, each of 60 minutes duration:
- Paper-I (Common for all subjects) will contain 60 objective type multiple choice questions
- Scope: General Aptitude, Reasoning, Numerical/Mental Ability, Indian education system, Analytical skills/Research aptitude, Environment, Language proficiency, Teaching Aptitude and any other topic covered in Paper – I of the UGC-NET.
- Paper-II (for subject opted by candidate for admission) will contain 60 objective type multiple choice questions
- Scope: Core areas relating to the concerned discipline/subject.
- The syllabus of the test will be the same as the syllabus of UGC-NET or GATE.
- A minimum of 40% marks are required in each paper to qualify the test.
- . There is no negative marking for the test.
- Those candidates who have qualified UGC NET (including JRF)/ UGC CSIR NET (including JRF) SLET/GATE or have passed M.Phil. program may be exempted from Paper-II.
- Application cum registration form can be obtained from the university on payment of Rs. 500/- through demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Payable at Fatehgarh Sahib or by cash payment at the spot.
- In case the admission form is downloaded from the University website, it should be submitted complete in all respects along with Application cum Registration fee of Rs. 500/- in the form of demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Payable at Fatehgarh Sahib.
- The Entrance test fee of Rs. 1,000/- is to be paid through demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Payable at Fatehgarh Sahib along with the application form. Entrance test fee can also be deposited by cash at the spot. In such a case, the fee receipt should be enclosed with the application form.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University Fatehgarh Sahib
Fatehgarh Sahib-140406, Punjab, Tel 01763-232300, 232345, 232399, 8437015104, Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.sggswu.org