Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Waknaghat, announces PhD admissions 2018
JUIT PhD Admissions 2018 – Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic year 2018
Also See: Admission Notification
The PhD Programs at JUIT Waknaghat are available in the following disciplines– Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Humanities & Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics & Material Sciences
- Last Date for receipt of Application Form: 30th June 2018
- Issue of admit card: 02nd July 2018
- Written Exam / Venue: 5th July 218 10.00 AM at JUIT Waknaghat Campus, Dist Solan HP
- Announcement of result: 07th July 2018
No. Of Seats
The tentative No. of seats is as below
- Biotechnology 8 seats
- CSE 12 seats
- ECE 10 seats
- HSS 6 seats
- Mathematics 8 seats
- Management 6 seats
- Physics / PMSE 10 seats
- Regular (Not Distance Mode) M. Tech Degree of a University or equivalent for Ph.D. in Engineering/Technology in respective branch with 60% Aggregate Marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10
- Regular (Not Distance Mode) Master’s Degree of a University for Ph.D. in Sciences / Humanities/Social Sciences/Management in respective discipline or equivalent with 60% Aggregate marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10
- Consistently good academic record / performance with 1st division all through; i.e. 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of not less than 6 on a scale of 10 at both undergraduate and post graduate level for students admitted after PG programs at (a) to (b) above.
- Consistently good academic record / performance with 1st division with Distinction all through; i.e. 80% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of not less than 8.0 on a scale of 10 at undergraduate level for students from IIT’s/NIT are admitted at (a) to (b) above
- Satisfying the requirements of minimum qualifications Specified above
- Performance in Interview for those who have qualified in SLET /UGC /CSIR (JRF) or equivalent national level examinations or are in receipt of fellowships like DST/DBT /DAE/CSIR /QIP /ICMR /DRDO/HIMCOSTE etc.
- Performance in
- The Ph.D. Entrance Test to be conducted by JUIT, Waknaghat for all those who are not qualified in any of the examinations mentioned above and
- The subsequent interview, for short-listed candidates only based on the written test conducted by JUIT
Classifications of PHD Category
- The applicant for admission to the Ph.D. program shall be classified under the following categories which shall be decided by the Doctoral Program Monitoring Committee (DPMC). The classification once made will not be changed. Under exceptional circumstances the VC may waive this rule.
- Full-time Research Scholar
- Such Scholars shall be working full time in the University and also may be in receipt of the Research Fellowship awarded by the University or an outside agency like DST/DBT/CSIR etc.
- Part-time Research Scholar –
- They may include University faculty/staff, project staff like JRF etc. who are on rolls of the University and working under the project Supervisor for various sponsored projects.
- Further, Scholars who may be working elsewhere and not in JUIT and willing to meet the Ph.D. program progression requirements like residential requirement/course work as laid down by the University may be enrolled as a part time research Scholar (in the Departments which may offer part time programs) subject to production of a No Objection Certificate from their organization and facilities for carrying research work in their organization exist to the satisfaction of DPMC. Such Scholars shall not be awarded any research fellowship/assistantship by the University.
- Sponsored Research Scholar –
- Scholars who are working in the industry/institutions and who are enrolled for the Ph.D. program after being spared/sponsored by their parent organization for doing the Ph.D. work shall come under the sponsored category.
- Such candidates will have to provide the required undertaking from their sponsoring organization.
- Such Scholars shall not be awarded any research fellowship/assistantship by the University
Written Exam Procedure
- Tests / Questions shall be different for each discipline of the program
- Duration: 120 Minutes (60 minutes + 60 minutes)
- Full Marks: 100
- (iv)Test will cover all the core / compulsory subjects in the relevant Master Level degree. Written test would aim at judging the depth of knowledge and potential to do research work.
- The syllabi for each program have been loaded on the web site
- shall be conducted only for the short listed candidates (Based on the merit drawn after written Test) except where candidate qualifies for the direct interview criteria
Exam Venue: JUIT Waknaghat Campus, Dist Solan HP
Fee Structure – Tuition Fee 25,000/- Per Semester
- Financial Support may be provided to full time Ph.D. students in the form of Research Fellowship, subject to availability
- Download the applications form from the website www.juit.ac.in and send it to address given above. Application must be sent along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1,200/- in favour of Jaypee University of Information Technology payable at Waknaghat.
- You may also obtain the application from the office of Registrar, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat as per the above address by sending a draft of Rs. 1,200/- or purchase on counter with cash.
- Filled in application should be send to PhD Admissions 2018, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat, Teh. Kandaghat, Dist Solan, HP PIN-173234
For Detailed information visit website: www.juit.ac.in
University of Information Technology (JUIT) Waknaghat Teh. Kandaghat, Dist Solan, HP PIN-173234, Website www.juit.ac.in