Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CENS) Bangalore PhD Admission 2018
Centre for Nano & Soft Matter Sciences PhD Admission 2018 – Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CENS) Bangalore invites applications from motivated candidates for admission to the PhD Program 2018 as Junior Research Fellows (JRF) in the given areas of research.
- Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS) is an autonomous institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- CeNS focuses on broad areas of advanced research related to both nanomaterial and soft matter sciences
- It has close collaborations with other research institutes, both within the country and abroad
CENS Bangalore Areas of Research
- Carbon Nanomaterials: Turbostratic Graphene, Graphene oxide based inorganic core-shell materials
- Nanoporous organic inorganic hybrids Morphology controlled metal nanocrystallites
- Textured nanocrystalline oxide films for light trapping
- Soft hybrid nanomaterials and devices: Influence of metal nanostructures on liquid crystals, Metal nanoparticles functionalized with liquid crystals, Semiconductor quantum dot – liquid crystal nanocomposites, Triboelectric responsive materials, Soft optical metamaterials, Nanostructured anisotropic organogold, Flexible thermal and photo actuators, Non close packed colloidal assemblies
- Synthesis and applications of metal and non-metal nanoparticles, ITO free transparent conducting electrodes, device fabrication
- Liquid crystalline materials: Synthesis and characterization, photo-induced effects, high pressure studies, electrical, magnetic and mechanical properties
- Candidates should be M.Sc./M.Tech from a recognized university/Institute in Physics/Chemistry/Materials Science/Nano-Science and allied subjects, with at least 60% marks for general category and 55% for SC/ST candidates
- Candidates with specialization in Condensed Matter Physics/Materials Science/Organic, Inorganic, Physical, or General Chemistry at the Masters Degree level are encouraged to apply
- Students who have appeared for the final year exam and expect to obtain their results before 31st July 2018 may also apply
- Candidate should have qualified in any one of the exams: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF only), GATE or JEST or should be an INSPIRE fellow.
- Fellowships – Rs.25000/- with HRA for JRF
- Students will be provided a fellowship and can avail hostel facility; they are encouraged to participate in national and international workshops, expos, symposia and conferences
- Interested candidates may visit the website http://www.cens.res.in/Home/Ph-D-programme for further details and to download application form
- The duly filled applications along with the supporting documents may be sent by email to [email protected] OR by post to PhD Admission, Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, Jalahalli, Bengaluru-560013
- Short-listed applicants will be called for an interview at CeNS
- The Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications 10th May 2018
Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences
Phone No.: +91-80-2308 4200, Email: [email protected], Website www.cens.res.in
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more admission news.
Also See : Admission Notification
For more details, follow QuickNET ( Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter )