PhD Admission 2017 at Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences Bangalore
Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CENS) Bangalore has invited applications from motivated applicants for admission to the PhD Programme 2017 as Junior Research Fellows (JRF) in the given areas of research.
Carbon Nanomaterials: Turbostratic Graphene, Graphene oxide based inorganic core-shell materials.
- Nanoporous organic inorganic hybrids Morphology controlled metal nanocrystallites.
- Textured nanocrystalline oxide films for light trapping.
- Soft hybrid nanomaterials and devices: Influence of metal nanostructures on liquid crystals, Metal nanoparticles functionalized with liquid crystals, Semiconductor quantum dot – liquid crystal nanocomposites, Triboelectric responsive materials, Soft optical metamaterials, Nanostructured anisotropic organogels, Flexible thermal and photo actuators, Non close packed colloidal assemblies.
- Synthesis and applications of metal and non-metal nanoparticles, ITO free transparent conducting electrodes, device fabrication.
- Liquid crystalline materials: Synthesis and characterization, photo-induced effects, high pressure studies, electrical, magnetic and mechanical properties.
CENS Bangalore PhD Eligibility Criteria 2017
Applicants should be M.Sc./M.Tech from a recognized university/Institute in Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science / Nano-Science and allied subjects, with at least 60% marks for general category and 55% for SC/ST applicants.
Applicants with specialization in Condensed Matter Physics/Materials Science/Organic, Inorganic, Physical, or General Chemistry at the Masters Degree level are encouraged to apply.
Students who have appeared for the final year examination and expect to obtain their results before 31st July 2017 may also apply.
Applicant should have qualified in any one of the exams: CSIR-UGC NET (JRF only), GATE or JEST or should be an INSPIRE fellow.
Fellowships: Rs.25000/- with HRA for JRF.
Students will be provided a fellowship and can avail hostel facility; the are encouraged to participate in national and international workshops, expos, symposia and conferences.
CENS Bangalore PhD Application Procedure 2017
Interested applicants may visit the website http://www.cens.res.in/Home/Ph-D-programme for further details and to download application form.
The duly filled applications along with the supporting documents may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org OR by post to PhD Admission, Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences, Jalahalli, Bengaluru-560013.
Short-listed applicants will be called for an interview at CeNS.
CENS Bangalore PhD Important Dates 2017
Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications May 10th 2017