Dear NET Aspirants, The human resources development group at Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), has notified for the June Exam.
CSIR [Council of Scientific and Industrial Research] will hold the Joint CSIR-UGC Test tentatively on 21st June, 2015 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science & Technology.
A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF’ OR for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates for ‘JRF’, or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion. If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only, except for Engineering Sciences. Engineering Sciences candidates will only be eligible for CSIR JRF ship and are advised to opt for JRF only in the application form. Candidates who qualify MSc OR under MSc RA category shall be eligible for LS in the subjects except Engineering Sciences, subject to the eligibility criteria as laid down by the UGC.
Subjects of the Test
The Test will be held in the subjects as given under:
- Chemical Sciences
2. Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
3. Life Sciences
4. Mathematical Sciences
5. Physical Sciences
6. Engineering Sciences
- BS-4 years program / BE / BTech / BPharma / MBBS / Integrated BS-MS / MSc or equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates).
- Candidates enrolled for MSc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST candidates, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree, whether Science, engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered / enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
Age Limit& Relaxation
For JRF (NET):Maximum 28 years as on 01-01-2015 (upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC, Physically handicapped / Visually handicapped and female applicants).
For LS (NET): No upper age limit.
The test will be held at 26 Centres spread all over India, as specified below:
Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur and Varanasi.
How to apply?
Candidates applying for the Test may deposit the examination fee through any branch of the Indian Bank by paying the following fee in cash:
- General: Rs. 1000/-
2. Other Backward Classes (OBC): Rs. 500/-
3. SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH): Rs. 250/-
Srinagar and Imphal candidates may deposit their fees though RTGS and NEFT through by giving particulars of the Indian Bank, as to be notified in the fee deposit challan.
Apply through Online Application:
Interested & eligible candidates may apply for this test Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in
In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
The examination fee for the online application is same as mentioned above. Candidates after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Code to Sr. Controller of Examination, Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach on or before 17.03.2015 (23.03.2015 for remote areas).
Online applications without hard copy or bank challan receipt or incomplete in any respect will be summarily rejected. Candidates should note that successful submission of online application does not mean that they have been registered for this test. To ensure their candidature, candidates should check their registration status on website www.csirhrdg.res.in tentatively between 15th May, 2015 – 20th May, 2015
The Last Date for Submission of Application Form:
The copy of online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by Ordinary post to the Sr. Controller of Examination, Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012 so as to reach Examination Unit CSIR on or before 17.03.2015.
For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep, the application form must reach the Sr.Controller of Examination CSIR on or before 23.03.2015.
- Date of Single MCQ Examination Tentatively on: 21.06.2015
- Schedule for Online Application
(i) Start of Online Submission of Application Form and Fee deposit through Bank Challan: 13.02.2015
(ii) Date of close of deposit of fee (at All stations): 11.03.2015
(iii) Date of close of online submission of Applications (at All stations): 12.03.2015
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on line application in the Examination Unit: 17.03.2015
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of on line application in the Examination Unit (from remote areas): 23.03.2015
- Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis: 20.04.2015
- Tentative date of Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website: 15.05.2015
- Last date for accepting of representation about non-registration for this test: 20.05.2015
- Issue of e-Admission Certificate to registered candidates: Mid June, 2015
For details, log on to the link: