STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST (SET)
FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSORSHIP
TO BE CONDUCTED BY
SAVITRIBAI PHULE PUNE UNIVERSITY (formerly University of Pune)
THE NODAL AGENCY NOMINATED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF MAHARASHTRA & GOA AND ACCREDITED BY U.G.C.
Savitribai Phule Pune University, the State Agency will conduct 32nd SET examination at Mumbai, Pune, Kolhapur, Solapur, Ahmednagar, Nasik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Aurangabad, Nanded, Amravati, Nagpur, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, & Panaji (Goa), centres on Sunday, 29th May, 2016. The forms will be available only “online” on the following website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in from 15th February, 2016 at 11.00 a.m. onwards to 11th March, 2016 till 6.00 p.m.
Candidates should fill up the online application form and submit it online. Printout of the Online Application form should be retained by the candidate and should not be sent to any Co-ordinating Centre or to SET Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- OPEN Rs. 550/- (Including form Processing Fee)
- OBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/SBC (for Non Creamy Layer) PH/VH/SC/ST Rs. 450/- (Including form Processing Fee)
(Note:- For annual income limit for Non Creamy Layer group please refer to Maharashtra Govt. Resolution of Dept. of Social Justice and Special Assistance dated 24th June, 2013 & 17th August, 2013. In this regard, the rules prescribed by Goa Govt. will be binding on Goa State students. )
The examination fees should be paid by a challan at any branch of HDFC Bank or Bank of Maharashtra. A candidate must keep printout of application form and copy of Challan or a candidate may pay examination fees by Debit/Credit card & keep evidence of the same.
The List of candidates who have paid SET examination fee on or before last date will be displayed in the first week of April on the above website . The Candidates whose names are missing even after payment of fees should sent scanned copy of challan or evidence of card payment immediately on the following email id:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification/Prospectus of SET Examination and syllabi are available on the website “http://setexam.unipune.ac.in”.
(Dr. Narendra. M. Kadu)
Registrar & Member Secretary (SET)
MH SET 2016 Details
- In accordance with the guidelines of the U.G.C., the Government of Maharashtra, Higher Education conducting the State Eligibility Test (SET) 2016. The U.G.C. has accredited the MH-SET examinations being held by the University of Pune as the State Agency of the Government of Maharashtra and at the Government of Goa.
MH SET Exam Date 2016
- Every year University of Pune conducts MH SET exam. Last year it was conducted on 6th September 2015.
MH SET Online Application Form 2016
- The Maharashtra SET submission of Online application form through website can be made from February.
- The MH SET 2016 Advertisement Notification will be available ON LINE on the website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in/Index.aspx
- Candidates are advised to read carefully this information brochure, check their eligibility and applicable reservation category etc. before filling and submitting the application.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their application form to any Co-ordinating Centre in the States of Maharashtra and Goa or to MH-SET Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
MH-SET 2016 : Important Dates
|1||Commencement of Online Form Submission||15 Feb 2016|
|2||Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee||11 Mar 2016|
|3||Last date for submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan,
at any branch of HDFC Bank or Bank of Maharashtra or by Debit/Credit Card.
|15 Mar 2016|
|4||Date of Examination||29 May 2016|
MH SET Eligibility 2016
- Eligibility: Master’s Degree in a relevant subject with at least 55% Marks (50% Marks in respect of SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates) or an equivalent grade preceded by at least a Second Class 3-year Bachelor’s degree from an Indian University /institution recognized by UGC or an equivalent degree from a Foreign University.
- Candidates pursuing Post Graduate courses are also eligible to appear at SET subject to the condition that they must obtain their Post Graduate degree with 55% or 50% marks, whichever is applicable, within two years from the date of holding of the SET.
- There is no upper age limit for appearing at the SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.
MH SET Exam Pattern 2016
- The Examination will consists of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. The examination for all the three papers would be held on one day, in two separate sessions.
- The MH-SET will be conducted in Objective Mode. The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day of Examination in two separate sessions as under. There will be no negative marking.
|Session||Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|First||I||60 out of which 50 questions are to be attempted||50 x 2 = 100||1 1/4 hours (10.00 a.m. to 11.15 a.m.)|
|First||II||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50 x 2 = 100||1 1/4 hours (11.15 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.)|
|Second||III||75 questions all of which are compulsory||75 x 2 = 150||2 1/2 hours (02.00 P.m. to 04.30 p.m.)|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of fifty (50) objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks. All questions of Paper- II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (INCLUDING ALL ELECTIVES, WITHOUT OPTIONS).
MH SET Syllabus 2016
The syllabus of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III for all subjects is available on website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in OR You can also download from here.
|CODE NO.||SUBJECT||Syllabus (Paper II & III)|
|16||DEFENCE & STRATEGIC STUDIES||Download|
|18||LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE||Download|
|19||JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATION||Download|
|35||EARTH, ATMOSPHERIC, OCEAN & PLANETARY SCIENCE||Download|
|37||COMPUTER SCIENCE & APPLICATION||Download|
|51||MANAGEMENT (including Business Administration/ Marketing/ Marketing Management/Industrial relations and personnel management)||Download|
Old Question Papers
MH SET Previous Year Question Papers with Answer Keys
- Here you can find all of the Maharashtra SET Previous Year Question Papers can download these papers for any SLET / SET Examination 2016 Preparation.
Question papers of SET Examination held on 1st December, 2013
Question papers of SET Examination held on 6th Septmber, 2015
MH SET Admit Card 2016
- Admit Card will be provided online to all candidates 10 days prior to the date of the SET on the same website from where the candidate had submitted his/her SET application form online. Candidate shall enter his/her Login ID and password for getting his/her Admit Card. Admit card will not be sent to the candidates by post. Candidates have to download and get a printout of ADMIT CARD.
- Candidate must carry admit card and also one additional photo identity such as a driving license, college/university identity card, PAN card, voter Id or Adhar Card to the examination centre on the Day of the Examination. Candidates are also requested to approach Contact Person of the Centre opted by him/her for assistance required, if any.
MH SET Answer keys 2016
- The Answer keys of all the papers will be displayed on the website setexam.unipune.ac.in after the examination (29 May 2016).
- The candidates, who are not satisfied with the answer keys may challenge online only through the link available on the website (setexam.unipune.ac.in) on payment of Rs.1000/- per question.
- The fee can be paid by challan. In case the challenge of any candidate regarding answer keys is accepted, the fee will be refunded to such candidates. In all other cases the fee once paid will not be refunded. The MH-SET State Agency’s decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
MH SET Result 2016
- The marks of all the candidates will be uploaded on SET website http://setexam.unipune.ac.in soon after declaration of result. Besides this, the MH-SET State Agency’s will not issue any marks sheet to qualified/non qualified candidates.
Minimum marks to be obtained in MB SET for considering a candidate for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor.The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
|General||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC/ST/SC/PH/VH||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60(40%)|
Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared MH SET step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Official Website: http://setexam.unipune.ac.in/Index.aspx
- Teaching Faculty Job Notifications across India
- PhD/M.Phil Notifications
- JRF/SRF Notifications
- Scholarship/Fellowship Notifications
- Latest Govt Job Notifications
- Current Affairs, Exam Alerts, Results and more