UNIVERSITY OF KASHMIR, SRINAGAR
J & K STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Notification for Jammu & Kashmir State Eligibility Test -2016
i) The Jammu & Kashmir SET Agency announces holding of the State Eligibility Test ( JKSET-2016) on May 22, 2016 (SUNDAY) for determining the eligibility of J & K State subjects for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor in colleges and universities of Jammu & Kashmir. The Agency will conduct SET in 37 subjects at 2 (two) Centers of Srinagar and Jammu.
ii) Before submission of the online Application Form, the candidate should read this notification carefully.
The result of JKSET-2016 will be made available on the Kashmir University website: www.kashmiruniversity.net and set.uok.edu.in as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with disability (PWD)/ Other Backward Class (OBC) (Non-creamy layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes NCBC, Government of India website : www.ncbc.nic.in,) candidates will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the UGC/SET Agency.
Also See: Top PhD Entrance Exams in India
(JKSET-2016) Important Dates
|1.||Online Submission of Application form||17-03-2016|
|2.||Last date for Applying On-Line||04-04-2016|
|3.||Last date for receipt of application forms of Reserved Category Candidates along with Category Certificates at SET Office , University of Kashmir / Jammu Centre Coordinators office as per centre opted by the candidate||09-04-2016|
|4.||Date of Examination||22-05-2016|
Centres of Examination: There shall be two Examination centre :
|i) Srinagar center||Center code||01|
|ii) Jammu center||Center code||02|
for candidates of the respective divisions
JK SET SUBJECTS
|Subject/ Area code||Subject/Area||Subject/ Area code||Subject/Area|
|1||Chemical Sciences||20||Home Science|
|2||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||21||Kashmiri|
|4||Mathematical Sciences||23||Library & Information Science|
|6||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||25||Management|
|7||Arabic||26||Mass Communication & Journalism|
|8||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian & Peace Studies||27||Music|
|10||Computer Science & Applications||29||Philosophy|
|16||Environmental Science||35||Social Work|
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY :
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Sciences, Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The, Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with disability (PWD) category and Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates belonging to the non creamy layer who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC/SC/ST/PWD category candidates). Such candidates must qualify their P.G. degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No. 3 may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates seeking concession in fee are required to submit attested copy of their OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD The candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the SET Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate course(s) or foreign degree/diploma should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. ( aiuweb.org)
Also See : JRF/SRF Notifications Across India
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION : There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor
EXEMPTION (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET/SLET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges/Institutions. Provided however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in SET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET/SET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
EXAMINATION FEE: The candidates of different categories shall pay fee as under:
|1||General category||Rs 800/-|
Submission of On-Line Application Forms:
The candidates are advised to follow the following steps for filling their On-Line Application Forms.
Visit the Kashmir University Website www.kashmiruniversity.net www.uok.edu.in and click on Link JKSET or candidates can directly
Step-1 : visit set.uok.edu.in . Read Important Instructions for Online Submission of Form carefully before proceeding further. Fill up all the required fields in the form with relevant information.
Step-2 : Candidates must clearly mention the category: GEN / OBC / SC / ST / PWD to which they belong. Upload your latest passport size photograph.
Step-3 : Preview the Form displayed on the screen. If details are correct, click on Submit. If there is any variation make corrections and then Submit. Get a printout of the Form and note the system generated Form No. for future references.
Step-4 : Candidates can pay their fee through the Online mode or deposit the requisite fee (plus Rs. 10/- Bank charges) in the JKSET Collection Account against the Bank Pay-in-Slip generated with the Application Form, in any of the branches of the J&K Bank Ltd. across the Country.
Submission of downloaded Application Forms (Hard copy):
- General category candidates need not submit Hard Copy of their downloaded Application Form. However, they must keep it with them for future reference.
- A candidates applying under any Reserved Category shall submit the hard copy of Application Form alongwith self attested photocopy of reserved category certificate at the SET office, University of Kashmir/ the Jammu Centre coordinators office at University of Jammu. Each such candidate shall bring the Original Reserved Category Certificate alongwith him/her for on spot verification at the above mentioned counter.
- The Reserved Category Candidates of far flung areas may send their documents by speed post to Coordinator JKSET, University of Kashmir, Hazratbal, Srinagar-190006. The candidates shall ensure that the same reaches by or before the last date fixed for the purpose.
- The candidates must check the status of their Application Forms after four days of online submission of Online Application. In case, the status of Application shows “form not Accepted/ fee reconciliation pending”, the candidate should contact the Helpline Desk at SET Office / Jammu Centre coordinators office / Directorate of IT & SS, University of Kashmir, alongwith Application Form, Fee Receipt, and all other documents, within three days after the last date of submission of Application Forms. Thereafter, no claim, whatsoever, will be entertained by the University.
Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
SCHEME AND DATE OF TEST :
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 22st May, 2016 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Question||
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45A.M.)|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (10.45 A.M. to 12.00NOON)|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2 ½ Hours (01.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.)|
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks. All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets provided along with the Test Booklets.
The detailed instructions for the candidates will be uploaded on the JKSET link of the Kashmir University Website ( www.kashmiruniversity.net or set.uok.edu.in ) in the first week of May, 2016.
Roll Nos and Sub-Centres of Examination will be allocated to the candidates in the last week of April, 2016. Admit Cards will be available for download in the first week of May 2016.
PROCEDURE & CRITERIA FOR PREPARATION AND DECLARATION OF RESULT:
This will comprise of following steps:
Minimum marks to be obtained in SET for considering a candidate for eligibility for Assistant Professor:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:
|CATEGORY||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER– III|
|GENERAL||40 (40%)||40 (40%)||75 (50 %)|
|OBC/PWD/SC/ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40 %)|
Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared SET qualified for eligibility for lectureship only.
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by the UGC is final and binding.
- For Visually Challenged candidates 25 minutes extra time shall be provided separately for paper-I and Paper-II. For paper-III, 40 minutes extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate. Physically Challenged candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services by making prior request (at least one week before the date of SET) in writing to the Coordinator of the SET Center..
- 13. Syllabus for SET: All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options). Syllabi for all JKSET subjects can be downloaded from the UGC Website ugc.ac.in and will also be available for download from the SET link.
- PLEASE CONSULT THE SET BROCHURE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD FROM THE KASHMIR UNIVERSITY WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION
- PLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGE OF SET CENTER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
(Prof. G. M. Rather)
Coordinator JK SET