UGC NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET)
It is notified that CBSE will conduct the next UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor which will be held on 27th December 2015 (Sunday). The candidates who desire to appear in the test may see the detailed notification available on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in from 1st October 2015. The candidates are required to apply online only from 1st October 2015. The last date for applying online is 1st November 2015 and fee can be paid up to 2nd November, 2015.
Important Dates – CBSE NET December 2015
|Submission of online application form||01.10.2015|
|Last date for Applying Online||01.11.2015|
|Last date of submission of Fee through
online generated Bank challan , at any
branch of (Syndicate/Canara ICICI Bank)
or through credit/debit card
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||9th to 14th Nov, 2015|
|Date of Examination||27.12.2015|
Paper – 1
Paper – 2
Paper – 3
|DATES OF EXAMINATION||27.12.2015
|a) Entry in the Examination Hall||
0900 AM (IST)
|1045 AM (IST)||0130 PM (IST)|
|b) Distribution of Test Booklet||0920 AM (IST)||1105 AM (IST)||0150 PM (IST)|
|c) Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/opened to take out the Answer Sheet||0925 AM (IST)||1110 AM (IST)||0155 PM (IST)|
|d) Last entry in the Examination Hall||0930 AM (IST)||1115 AM (IST)||0200 PM (IST)|
|e) Test commences||0930 AM (IST)||1115 AM (IST)||0200 PM (IST)|
|f) Test concludes||1045 AM (IST)||1230 PM (IST)||0430 PM (IST)|
NOTE: Printout of Online Application Form (Confirmation Page) should NOT be sent to CBSE.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- i) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (list attached page No. 21 to 47) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 18 to 19) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- ii) Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
iii) The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- iv) Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 11), may appear in a related subject.
- v) Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- vi) Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
- List of Subjects & Syllabus
- Exam Fee and Mode of Payment
- Paper Pattern and Scheme of Exam
- Procedure & Qualifying Criteria For Declaration Of Result
- How to Apply
- Important Instructions
- Age Limit & Relaxation
- Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- General Instructions
- How to Download Admission Card
- Check List For Filling The Online Application Form
- Instructions For Use Of Test Booklet And Answer Sheet