Delhi HRD minister has informed that there will be no change in the organisation conducting the UGC NET Exam. The CBSE will remain to be in charge of the exam.
“As per directions of the Ministry of HRD, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has been conducting the National Eligibility Test (NET) examination. There is no proposal under consideration at present to entrust responsibility of conducting the exam through any other mechanism,” the minister said at a Lok Sabha session.
Previously, the CBSE had approached the HRD Ministry to back away from the responsibility of conducting NET as its added responsibility to take on both the Indian Insititutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT JEE) mains and the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to MBBS and BDS courses.
Pushing the uncertainty aside, the UGC in April confirmed that the CBSE will conduct the entrance exam for the grant of JRF (junior research fellowship) and as a medium through which candidates can gain the status of assistant professors at colleges and universities.
The exam is conducted twice a year— in July and December. The uncertainty over UGC NET’s managing body caused this year’s July exam to be postponed to November.
News Courtesy: The Indian Express (link)
Important Links for 2017 NET Exam
- NTA UGC NET: Paper I Preparation Tips
- Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- Latest NET Updates
- Check here to know more about PhD Regulations and latest News in academics
- UGC NET/JRF Exam Reference Books & Study Materials
- General Studies Study Techniques and Entrance Exam Preparation
- How to Improve Reading Comprehension Skills
- Reasoning Preparation Tips | Logical Reasoning
- English Preparation Tips for Competitive Exams
- Teaching Faculty Job Notifications across India
- PhD/M.Phil Notification’s
- Scholarship/Fellowship Notifications