Applications are invited by Delhi University recently for the UGC Non-Fellowship scheme. The scheme is applicable for students pursuing M.Phil and Ph.D, who are not in receipt of any financial assistance from anywhere and are also registered with the university under various departments.
- The fellows will receive Rs. 8000 p.m. consolidated + Rs 10,000 per annum contingency.
- The award and its extension shall be subject to actual release of funds from the UGC.
- The university holds the right to cancel the amount of fellowship and recover the amount paid if the candidate doesn’t meet the terms stated and does not stand applicable to the amount.
- For M. Phil. students the maximum number of fellowships to be granted is 25+1 PWD (the maximum admissible limit including English Department). They will be awarded Non-NET fellowship of Rs 5000 per month with contingency of Rs 10000 per year for Science Students and Rs 8000 per year for Humanities and Social Science students.
- The enrolled Ph. D students will be entitled to Rs 8000 per month as Fellowship and contingency of Rs 10000 for social students and Rs 8000 for Humanities and Social Science students.
The candidate from general and OBC categories should have a good academic record with a minimum of 55 per cent marks in aggregate in M.Sc. in the relevant subject and the ones from SC/ST categories; should have 50 per cent marks in aggregate in M.Sc.
How to Apply:
- Scholars are required to submit their award applications to the “Scholarship Cell, recommended by DRC and forwarded by the concerned Head of Department within six months of registering in the programmes.
- The maximum time to continue availing the fellowship will be four years for Ph.D. and 18 months for M.Phil or completion of viva voce or dissertation, whichever is earlier.
- The Fellowship will be cancelled if the candidate fails to qualify the semester exam.
- Maximum leave granted for the scholars shall be 30 days in a year excluding the public holidays (making them ineligible to take vacations).
- Candidates can obtain the application form from UGC official website http://ugcnetonline.in/notification.php
- Complete application form alongwith necessary certificates and copies of B.Sc and M.Sc mark sheets and certificates, may be submitted in the office of the Head, Department of Botany, Delhi University, Delhi-110007. The last date to apply for the fellowship is Saturday, September 13, 2014.