As all the major universities across India have started the admission process for various courses, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has given directions to the universities to set up a centralized helpline number to cater all the quires related to admission.
In a letter to vice chancellors of India, UGC said:
- UGC secretary Jaspal Sandhu said, “With the new academic session to commence soon, it is understood that all universities are getting busy with the process of admission in various programmes of study offered at different levels of higher education.
- “The admission procedure constitutes one of the most significant aspects of institutional functions and can lead to a lot of hassle and confusion for students if not carried out with utmost care and clarity”
Meanwhile, the admission process for the UG courses in Delhi University has started from June 1 and for the first time the university has made the whole admission process online.
On the first day of the process, 39,000 students registered for 60,000 seats in UG courses.
To make the admission process effective, the universities have been instructed to make the admission process transparent and successful .
Moreover Jaspal Sandhu said, “One effective mechanism to check different hurdles in the admission process and to handhold the perspective students is to set up a 24×7 helpline in the university which can attend to queries, doubts, confusions and grievances of students.
“The universities should establish a helpline at the earliest with the notification on the homepage of their website,” he added.
News Courtesy: India Today (link)
More Resources @
- Teaching Faculty Job Notifications across India
- Top PhD Entrance Exams
- Scholarship/Fellowship Notifications
- Latest Govt Job Notifications
- Current Affairs, Exam Alerts, Results and more