From enrollment in PhD to course work to progress report, all works related to the course will go online as Delhi University has decided to create an online portal for Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD).
“We are preparing this portal to make the students’ works reliable. Notification regarding their research works and field reports will be available on the portal. The research work and findings will also be kept confidential,” said Vinay Gupta, Dean of Examination, Delhi University.
At present, all work related to PhD course such as admission, thesis, research report, attendance, marks, interview, viva, progress report and others is being done manually, which involves a lot of paper work. But with digitisation, all these records will be maintained on the online portal.
“The portal will not only help PhD scholars but will also ease the work pressure on the staff,” Gupta added.
As many as 27 departments in the university are running PhD courses in the field of arts, commerce and science. With this portal, submission of research paper, dissertation and thesis will also become far more easier. A scholar said, “This portal will preserve our work, thus reducing the chances of it being stolen.”
News Courtesy: The New Indian Express (link)
- UGC Regulations 2016 : Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff [4th Amendment]
- PhD Admission Procedure in Detail – Reference Guide
- How to identify fake, real, recognized and not recognized M.Phil and Ph.D degree in India
- Tips for Career – How to Face an Interview for Lecturer Post
- How to Prepare for a Lecturer Interview