The online registration for CBSE UGC NET exam will start from October 15. The exam is conducted for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or for Assistant Professor in Indian University. The will begin from January 22, 2017.
UGC NET candidate who qualifies for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
Candidates can check the CBSE UGC NET 2017 details on the official website i.e. cbsenet.nic.in.
- Candidates have at least 55% marks (50% marks for OBC / SC / ST / PwD) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this CBSE UGC NET Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks.
Related: List of UGC NET Subjects & Syllabus
For Junior Research Fellowship-
- Candidate’s age should not be more than 28 years.
- A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor..
The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held as per schedule in three separate sessions.
The first session:
- Paper 1 will be of 100 marks and 60 out of 50 questions to be attempted within 1 hr 15 min.
The Second session:
- Paper 2 will be of 100 marks and there will be 50 questions (compulsory).
The third session:
- Paper 3 will be of 150 marks and all the 75 questions are compulsory.
How to Apply:
Candidates who want to appear in National Eligibility Test (NET) must go to the official site of CBSE to apply for it. From there you need to fill the application form with all accurate and complete information.
|Application process will start from||October 15, 2016|
|Last Date to apply for UGC NET December 2016||November 2016|
|Last date to pay application fee||November 2016|
|Correction in particulars of application form||November 2016|
|Date of the UG NET Examination||January 22, 2017|
The examination fee is
- Rs. 600 for General Candidate;
- Rs. 300 for OBC &
- Rs. 150 for SC / ST / PwD.
The candidates may pay the examination fee either by credit / debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form.
This will comprise of following steps:
Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in NET for considering a candidate for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor:
The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper –III as given below
Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepare subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
|CATEGORY||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|PAPER – I||PAPER – II||PAPER – II|
|GENERAL||40 (40%)||40(40%)||75 (50%)|
|OBC (Non-creamy layer) PWD/SC/ST||35 (35%)||35 (35%)||60 (40%)|
Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared NET qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
Step IV: A separate merit list for the award of JRF will be prepared from amongst the NET qualified candidates figuring in the merit list prepared under step III.
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by UGC/CBSE is final and binding.