UGC Notice reg.: UGC approved List of Journals for the purpose of Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) and Direct Recruitment of Teachers and other academic staff as required under the UGC (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges)
The UGC-approved List of Journals includes Journals covered in i) Web of Science; ii) Scopus; iii) Indian Citation Index (ICI); iv) Journals recommended by the Standing Committee on Notification on Journal and Language Committee; and v) Journal recommended by Universities; A note on scope, coverage and methodology used for compiling UGC-approved List of Journals is available at http://www.ugc.ac.in/journallist/methodology.pdf.
University Grants Commission
(Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt, of India)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002
Ph.:011-23239337,23236288, Fax: 011-23238858,
No.F.1-2/2016 (PS) Amendments
14th June, 2017
In continuation to the earlier letter D.O.No.F1-2/2016(PS/III Amendment) dated 11th April, 2017 regarding approved list of journals to be considered for the purpose of Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) and Direct Recruitment of Teachers and other Academic Staff as required under the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2010, UGC has decided to open the portal for universities to enable them to recommend additional/left our peer-reviewed journals to be included in the UGC approved list of journals following approval by the UGC Standing Committee for uploading the journals. Therefore, the recommendations of additional/left out journals may please be uploaded on the UGC at http://www.ugc.ac.in/journallist/user_login.aspx, w.e.f. 16th June, 2017 to 22nd June, 2017 (Midnight). This may be treated as final list for the year 2017.
With kind regards,
(Jaspal S. Samdhu)
The Vice-Chancellor of all Universities
The Publication Officer, UGC, New Delhi for uploading on UGC website.
(Jaspal S. Samdhu)
Official Link to Approved List of Journals
1. Care has been taken to exclude low-quality journals identified using criteria prescribed by the Committee. However, faculty and researchers are invited to draw attention of the Standing Committee on Notification on Journals to low-quality journal titles that may have been inadvertently included in the UGC-approved List of Journals.
2. Though, utmost care has been taken to identify and remove duplicate journal titles (recommended by universities), possibility of duplicate titles can not be ruled out because of variant spelling, wrong spelling, typographical errors, and junk characters, etc. Users may please bring duplicate titles to the attention of UGC for their removal/correction.
3. Journal titles are included in the UGC-approved List of Journals based on inputs submitted by the universities through the checklist. UGC has not carried out independent assessment of journals recommended by the universities, complete details of journal titles, including the ISSN, are subject to verification.
4. The UGC-approved List of Journals is one consolidated list that can be browsed by various subjects. However, faculty and researchers should be given due credits for all their publications irrespective of subject-wise categorization of a journal in the UGC-approved list of journal.
5. The final UGC-approved List of Journals would be dynamic in nature that would be subject to periodic review for deletion of existing journal titles or inclusion of new journal titles based on the checklist criteria.
- UGC Regulations 2016 : Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff [4th Amendment]
- UGC Regulations 2016 : Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.PHIL./PH.D Degrees
- PhD Admission Procedure in Detail – Reference Guide
- How to identify fake, real, recognized and not recognized M.Phil and Ph.D degree in India
- Tips for Career – How to Face an Interview for Lecturer Post
- How to Prepare for a Lecturer Interview