SpicyIP Fellowship for Legal Research 2018
The SpicyIP Fellowship is a coveted position for those seeking to make a mark in the world of IP. Warning though: it entails a high level of rigour in research and writing!
Though great fun as well, given the range of topics covered and the freedom you enjoy in creatively crafting your take on various IP cases and developments
We are now looking for a fresh set of sharp, passionate and dedicated fellows who can help us grow even spicier this year. Apart from the sheer joy of writing, the selected Fellows will earn a stipend of approximately Rs. 45,000 a year (Rs. 1,000 per post)
This year, we are also looking for at least two (2) Research Fellows who will be required to provide high-quality research as well as writing assistance for various initiatives undertaken by SpicyIP with the aim of fostering a more transparent, collaborative and productive IP/innovation ecosystem in India
These initiatives include book projects, research papers, public interest petitions, reports, advocacy campaigns etc. One of the main projects that the Research Fellows will be required to work on is the compilation of the first Open Access IP Dictionary, a joint initiative of the Institute of Law, Nirma University and SpicyIP
Anybody is welcome to apply. Sex no bar, age no bar, caste no bar, ideology no bar. So long as you are committed to the craft of writing, and possess a keen mind willing to learn and an attitude open to experimenting with fun formats and themes
- Topical Relevance
- Research skills
- Grammar/Lucidity /Language skills
- Logical flow, coherence and structure
- Authorities cited
- Coverage of key points
- Clarity of language
- Presentation style
- Interested candidates are required to submit the following to [email protected] with “Application for 6th SpicyIP Fellowship” in the subject line.
- At least two (2) blog posts over a period of four weeks from 1st February to 28th February, 2018;
- CV (not exceeding 2 pages); and
- Statement (not exceeding 1000 words) as to why the applicant thinks he/she would be a good fit for the blog.
- The expected tenure of fellowship will be from 15th March 2018 to 14th March 2019
Interested candidates are required to e-mail the following to [email protected] with “Application for the position of Research Fellow” in the subject line by February 10, 2018:
- CV (not exceeding 2 pages);
- Two (2) writing samples (published or unpublished);
- A statement of purpose (not exceeding 500 words);
- A concise, original and well-researched explanatory note on the meaning and scope of any 3 IP words/phrases/concepts of one’s choice e.g. moral rights, inventive step, passing off (kindly avoid using the words/phrases used as examples). The word count must not exceed 500 per word/phrase/concept (excluding footnotes).
- The expected tenure of the fellowship will be from 20th February 2018 to 19th February 2019
For full details about Fellowships, visit the official website: https://spicyip.com/2018/01/announcing-the-6th-spicyip-fellowship-2018-19.html
For any query, candidates are requested to check the official website .
Click here or more Scholarships.
For more details, follow QuickNET(Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter)