KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018: KSCSTE will notify in the form of advertisements in newspapers inviting application from applicants for the award of Post doctoral Fellowships of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, an autonomous body of Government of Kerala. Check out the complete details like application form, dates, eligibility criteria, selection procedure and more details about KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018.
KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 Notification
KSCSTE has invited application from applicants for the award of Postdoctoral Fellowships of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology, and Environment, an autonomous body of Government of Kerala.
- The period of SPDF shall normally be for a period of not exceeding 3 years.
Also Check: Phd Admission
About the Scholarship Scheme
- Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, an autonomous body of Govt. of Kerala will notify in the form of advertisements in newspapers inviting application from candidates for the award of Special Post-Doctoral Fellowships in addition to normal KSCSTE Post Doctoral Fellowship.
- Post Doctoral Fellowships will be given in science subjects and engineering for those who have acquired a PhD Degree with high quality research publications in reputed journals
- The SPDFs will engage in full time research work for 3 years in the relevant subject areas.
- To motivate Phd holders to pursue research and to develop career as scientists
- To motivate fellows and impart the skills needed for them to become lifelong learners and to develop technical and leadership skills.
- It will be beneficial to those who have obtained Phd degree in the field of Veterinary Science, Dairy Science, Life Science, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Astronomy, Physics, Protein crystallography, Structural Biology and Space Science.
KSCSTE Post Doctoral Fellowship Application Form 2018
- Eligible applicants may submit the application in the prescribed format with copies of certificates, training, age, educational qualifications, achievements, publications etc. The application should contain mailing address, contact number and e-mail ID
- An undertaking from Head of any of the recognized Research Centres/ Departments/ Institutions stating that research facilities will be extended for the SPDF fellow or they have no objection to allow the SPDF to carry out the program in the institution
- Full detailed application in duplicate should reach “The Director, KSCSTE, Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram-695004” on or before 12th October 2018
KSCSTE Post Doctoral Fellowship Dates 2018
- Last Date for Receipt of Application 12th October 2018
Also Check more Scholarships
KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must be a Keralite by birth/domicile
- Applicants must have Phd degree with first class/equivalent grade in preceding degree in the field of Veterinary Science/Dairy Science/Life Science/Biotechnology for Verghese Kurien KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship, Mathematics/Astronomy/Physics for Jyeshtadeva KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship, Protein crystallography/Structural Biology for G.N. Ramachandran KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship and Space Science for Parameshwara KSCSTE Post Doctoral Fellowship with a consistently good academic record from any of the universities/recognized research centers anywhere in India.
- Candidates should have published at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed Journal (SCI – Journal) or one patent.
- Age should not be more than 40 years as on 1st January of the current year.
- Each selected Special Postdoctoral Fellow (SPDF) will be eligible for a monthly fellowship of Rs.35, 000/- for three years with 10% H.R.A. An annual contingency grant of RS.70,000 /- and travel grant of Rs.20,000 /- per annum also will be granted to the SPD fellows.
- The Special Post Doctoral fellowship can be availed for research in an institution other than the department or institute anywhere in India where the candidate has undergone PhD work.
KSCSTE Postdoctoral Fellowship Selection Procedure
- Selection to the KSCSTE Special Postdoctoral Fellowship will be made based on assessment of the PhD work, presentation and evaluation of the proposed project and performance in the Personal Interview by an expert committee.
- Applicant’s academic and research record and the merit of proposed project will be the key factors for consideration of the application. KSCSTE Special Postdoctoral Fellowship will be awarded to those who have come first in the Selection process.
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment, Women Scientists Division, KSCSTE – Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P.O., Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala-695004, Tel.: 0471-2548208, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.kscste.kerala.gov.in