Boosting Gold Fellowships 2016
Applications are invited for Australian Government, Indo-Australian Career Boosting Gold Fellowships (IACBGF) which are open to researchers from India. The fellowships will be supported to undertake a collaborative research project at a leading science institute or university in Australia for a period of 3 to 9 months, commencing in 2016-17.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to undertake a collaborative research project at a leading science institute or university in Australia
Study Subject: In the first call, priority will be given to projects that are relevant to one of the following thematic areas and topics: Agricultural Biotechnology and Medical Biotechnology
The fellows would be entitled to:
Monthly Associateship of Rs.150000/-
Preparatory allowance of Rs.20000/- (one-time grant) and
Cost of the air passage in economy class by Air India for joining the overseas laboratory and back
The selected candidates may receive the payment of salary and continuance of other service benefits by the institutions to which they belong. However, no liability on any of this account will be borne by DBT
Fellows must spend a minimum of 3 months on their project at their nominated international host institution in Australia. An IACBG-Fellowship may not exceed 9 months
Eligibility Criteria for Indo Australian Gold Fellowships
The Fellowships are open to Indian researchers who are currently employed on a full-time basis (need not be a permanent employee) but have not accrued more than five years experience as a research scientist since being awarded their PhD.
Eligible applicants include persons employed in a:
-Indian Government agency, statutory body or government owned corporation;
-Indian based university, institute, or other national research organisation; or
-Indian private sector research and development organisation.
-Age limit 35 years
Indian applicants must be Indian citizens with their principal place of residence being India.
Unsuccessful applicants in any one round are eligible to re-apply in subsequent rounds.
Fellowships are awarded on an individual basis only. Therefore, interdependent or joint applications will not be considered.
The decision of the IACBG-Fellowships Secretariat regarding applicant eligibility is final.
Selection Process for Indo Australian Gold Fellowships
- The selection process will be managed by the IACBG-Fellowships Secretariat in liaison with relevant external parties in India and Australia (as required).
- Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis by a Selection Panel using the selection criteria set out in Section 4 above.
- Applicants will only receive advice of receipt of their applications on requesting a receipt.
- There is no implicit guarantee of approval at any stage in the process.
- The final applicant scores and rankings determined by the Selection Panel will form the basis of a recommendation to the delegated departmental officer for approval.
Important Dates for Indo Australian Gold Fellowships
Opening of applications: 24th August, 2016
Closing date for applications: 31st October, 2016
Selection process will be completed by: January/February, 2016
Letters of offer to successful applicants and signing of fellowship: March, 2016
How to Apply for Indo Australian Gold Fellowships
Applications can be sent by post or via email. All applications must be lodged by 5.00pm on 31st October, 2016.
Late submissions will not be accepted. The following copies of the application must be submitted:
- One unbound, single-sided original copy (clipped, not stapled)
- Five (5) spiral bound copies
- Soft copy as a Microsoft Word file by email
Applications can be mailed to
Dr. Suraksha S. Diwan Scientist ‘D’ Department Of Biotechnology Ministry of Science & Technology
Block No. 2, 7th Floor, Rom No. 517, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003 INDIA
Email: [email protected], Website: www.dbtindia.nic.in
- Teaching Faculty Job Notifications across India
- PhD/M.Phil Notifications
- Scholarship/Fellowship Notifications