APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2018 for Minority Students
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2018 – Minority Welfare Department, Government of Kerala, has invited applications from students of Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Budha, Parsi, Jain communities, belonging to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families, who are studying for Diploma Courses in Polytechnic Colleges
Also See : Scholarships 2018
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship Details
- 3 Year Diploma Courses in Govt/Aided Polytechnics
Eligibility Criteria for APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2018
- Applicant should belong to the one of Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Budha, Parsi, Jain communities, and to Below Poverty Line (BPL) family. Applicant should be permanently residing in Kerala and should be studying for Diploma courses in Polytechnic Colleges. Applicant should have a Bank Account in his/her name in any Nationalized Bank.
- In the absence of students of BPL category, students belonging to Non-Creamy layer, from Minority Communities will be considered for the Scholarship.
- The amount of Scholarship is Rs.6000/-
- Selection of students will be based on the family income. Scholarships will be distributed to the Muslim students and students of other minority communities in the ratio 80:20. Thirty percent of the scholarships are reserved for girls.
- Applications can be submitted online at www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in latest by 22nd September 2018
- Applicant should click at the link, ‘Scholarship’ and then, ‘APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK)’, at the website and click on ‘Apply online’ link. Those who have already applied for any scholarship at this link earlier, may go to the Candidate login link,
- After applying online, applicant should login using the User-id and password obtained and the Photo, signature and Certificates uploaded
- Applicant should view the filled application and take the printout of the same
- The printout, with the documents specified should be submitted to the Head of the Institution latest by 22nd September 2018
- Those applications, that can be accepted has to be approved latest by 29th September 2018
- Those applications which have been verified and approved online should be submitted to the ‘Director, Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thrivaananthapurma-695033’ latest by 29th September 2018
- The Notification is available at the ‘Scholarships’ link at www.minoritywelfare.kerala.gov.in
Important Dates for APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2018
- Applications can be submitted online at latest by 22nd September 2018
- Printout, with the documents specified should be submitted to the Head of the Institution latest by 22nd September 2018