Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment 2018 Notification for 8339 Posts
KVS Recruitment 2018 – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), New Delhi is recruiting 8339 Teaching & Non-Teaching Posts. The online application process has started from 24 August 2018 and will continue till 13 September 2018.
The hiring of the position will be across the nation and candidates willing to take up this job can apply for the post through the official site of KVS. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details and completed all eligibility criteria can read the notification & apply online.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan henceforth referred to as KVS, an Autonomous Organization under the MHRD, Govt. of India invites online applications from Indian Citizens for filling up the vacancies of Principal, Vice Principal, PGTs, TGTs, Librarian and PRTs in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
KVS Recruitment 2018 Details
- Name of the Organisation: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
- Name of the Posts: PGT, TGT & Primary Teachers
- Category: Central Government Jobs
- No of Vacancies: 8339 Posts
- Job Location: All over India
Post Name & Category Wise Details
- Principal [Group -A] – 76 Posts
- [Gen 41, OBC – 19, SC – 11, ST – 05]
- Vice Principal [Group- A] – 220 Posts
- [Gen 117, OBC – 57, SC – 31, ST – 15]
- Posts – Graduate Teachers [PGTs] – 592 Posts
- Hindi – 52 Posts
- [Gen 22, OBC – 19, SC – 07, ST – 04]
- English – 55 Posts
- [Gen 24, OBC – 18, SC – 08, ST – 05]
- Physics – 54 Posts
- [Gen 25, OBC – 13, SC – 12, ST – 04]
- Chemistry – 60 Posts
- [Gen 29, OBC – 17, SC – 09, ST – 05]
- Maths – 57 Posts
- [Gen 28, OBC – 16, SC – 08, ST – 05]
- Biology – 50 Posts
- [Gen 23, OBC – 14, SC – 10, ST – 03]
- History – 56 Posts
- [Gen 28, OBC – 15, SC – 08, ST – 05]
- Geography – 61 Posts
- [Gen 28, OBC – 20, SC – 08, ST – 05]
- Economics – 56 Posts
- [Gen 28, OBC – 16, SC – 08, ST – 04]
- Commerce – 45 Posts
- [Gen 21, OBC – 10, SC – 11, ST – 03]
- Computer Science – 46 Posts
- [Gen 21, OBC – 14, SC – 06, ST – 05]
- Trained Graduate Teachers [TGTs] – [Group-B] – 1900 Posts
- Hindi – 265 Posts
- [Gen 134, OBC – 71, SC – 40, ST – 20]
- English – 270 Posts
- [Gen 137, OBC – 72, SC – 40, ST – 21]
- Sanskrit – 124 Posts
- [Gen 61, OBC – 36, SC – 18, ST – 09]
- Science – 290 Posts
- [Gen 146, OBC – 78, SC – 44, ST – 22]
- Mathematics – 195 Posts
- [Gen 96, OBC – 51, SC – 34, ST – 14]
- Social Studies – 435 Posts
- [Gen 219, OBC – 118, SC – 65, ST – 33]
- P & HE – 97 Posts
- [Gen 45, OBC – 31, SC – 14, ST – 07]
- Art & Education – 107 Posts
- [Gen 50, OBC – 34, SC – 15, ST – 08]
- WET – 117 Posts
- [Gen 50, OBC – 29, SC – 30, ST – 08]
- Librarian [Group – B] – 50 Posts
- [Gen 24, OBC – 14, SC – 08, ST – -04]
- Primary Teacher [Group -B] – 5300 Posts
- [Gen 2672, OBC – 1431, SC – 798, ST – 399]
- Primary Teachers – [Music] [Group-B] – 201 Posts
- [Gen 101, OBC – 54, SC – 31, ST – 15]
Eligibility Criteria for KVS Recruitment 2018
- Principal: Master Degree from recognized university with atleast 45% marks in aggregate. B.Ed or equivalent teaching degree
- Vice-Principal: Masters Degree from a recognized university with atleast 50% marks in aggregate. B.Ed or equivalent teaching degree
- PGT: Two Year Integrated Post Graduate M.Sc. Course of Regional College of Education of NCERT in the concerned subject OR Master’s Degree from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate
- PGT (English): English
- PGT (Hindi): Hindi or Sanskrit with Hindi as one of the subjects at Graduate level.
- PGT (Physics): Physics/Electronics/Applied Physics/Nuclear Physics.
- PGT (Chemistry): Chemistry/Bio Chemistry.
- PGT (Economics): Economics/Applied Economics/ Business Economics.
- PGT (Commerce): Master’s degree in Commerce. However, holder of Degree of M.Com in Applied/ Business Economics shall not be eligible.
- PGT (Maths): Mathematics/Applied Mathematics.
- PGT (Biology): Botany/Zoology/Life Sciences/Bio Sciences/Genetics/ MicroBiology/Bio-Technology/Molecular Biology/Plant Physiology provided they have studied Botany and Zoology at Graduation level.
- PGT (History): History.
- PGT (Geography): Geography.
- T.G.T: Four years integrated degree course of Regional College of Education of NCERT in the concerned subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate. OR Bachelor’s Degree with atleast 50% marks in the concerned subject/combination of subject and in aggregate. B.Ed or equivalent degree from a recognized University
- TGT (English): English as a subject in all the three years.
- TGT (Hindi): Hindi as a subject in all the three years.
- TGT (S.St ): Any two of the following: History, Geography, Economics and Pol. Science of which one must be either History or Geography.
- TGT (Science): Botany, Zoology and Chemistry.
- TGT (Sanskrit): Sanskrit as a subject in all the three years.
- TGT (Maths): Bachelor Degree in Maths with any two of the following subjects: – Physics, Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics.
- Library Head: Bachelor degree in Library Science OR Graduate with one year diploma in Library Science from a recognized institution.
- Primary Teacher: Senior Secondary School Certificate with 50% marks or Intermediate with 50% marks or its equivalent or; Pass in the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) conducted by the CBSE in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE for the purpose. Competence to teach through Hindi & English medium
- Primary Teacher (Music): Senior Secondary School Certificate with 50% marks or Intermediate with 50% marks or its equivalent and Bachelor Degree in Music or equivalent from a recognized University or Competence to teach through EnglishHindi medium
- Principal – Applicants age must fall in the bracket of 35 to 50 years as on 30th September 2018.
- Vice-Principal – Applicants age must fall in the bracket of 35 to 45 years as on 30th September 2018.
- PGT – The age of the applicants should not be more than 40 years as on 30th September 2018.
- TGT – The age of the applicants should not be more than 35 years as on 30th September 2018.
- Librarian – The age of the applicants should not be more than 35 years as on 30th September 2018.
- PRT – The age of the applicants should not be more than 30 years as on 30th September 2018.
- PRT (music) – The age of the applicants should not be more than 30 years as on 30th September 2018.
- Age relaxation rules apply as stated in the advertisement above
- Principal – The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly pay of Rs.78800 – Rs.209200/-
- Vice-Principal – The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly pay of Rs.56100 – Rs.177500/-
- PGT – The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly pay of Rs.47600 – Rs.151100/-
- TGT – The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly pay of Rs.44900 – Rs.142400/-
- Librarian – The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly pay of Rs.44900 – Rs.142400/-
- PRT – The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly pay of Rs.35400 – Rs.112400/-
- PRT (music) – The selected candidates will be eligible to receive a monthly pay of Rs.35400 – Rs.112400/-
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of performance in a written exam and an interview
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in written exam and interview put together. KVS reserves the right to decide the cut off marks in written exam and interview separately
- However, the mode of selection for all the above posts will be at the sole discretion of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan and may be changed before the date of start of the online application with due notification
- The final merit list of Principal, Vice- Principal, PGTs, TGTs, Librarian, Primary Teacher and Primary Teacher (Music) will be based on the performance of the candidates in written test, interview and performance test (where applicable)
- The weightage of written test and interview will be 85:15 for the post of Principal, Vice-Principal, PGTs, TGTs, Librarian and Primary Teacher. For the post of Primary Teacher (Music) the weightage of written test, performance test and interview will be 60:25:15
- Agra, Jodhpur, Ahmedabad, Kanpur, Allahabad, Kolkata, Bangalore, Lucknow, Bhopal, Madurai Bhubneshwar, Mangalore, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai, Nagpur, Dehradun, Patna, Delhi / NCR, Port Blair, Guwahati, Raipur, Gwalior, Ranchi, Hyderabad, Silchar, Imphal, Siliguri, Jabalpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jalandhar, Varanasi, Jammu, Vijayawada
Application/Exam Fees (Non-Refundable)
- Contestants will have to pay their examination fee by online mode through a prescribed link available at online application. Applying candidates must pay application fee according to their category. Hence, check out the application fee category wise as shown below
- Rs.1500/- for each post of Principal and Vice Principal
- Rs.1000/- for Librarian, PGT, TGT and Primary Teacher Posts
- No Fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Ex-serviceman Category Applicants
- The fee shall not be refunded under any circumstances once deposited by candidates
Application Procedure for KVS Recruitment 2018
- Candidates are required to apply online through KVS website www.kvsangathan.nic.in. No other means/mode of submission of applications will be accepted. The recruitment test will be conducted through Offline Mode
- For detailed information regarding eligibility criteria, age relaxation, exam cities, fee, choice of zone, important instructions, scheme of exam, mode of selection etc. candidates can visit KVS website www.kvsangathan.nic.in at home page i.e. Announcement and Employment Notice sub-head vacancy position
Important Dates for KVS Recruitment 2018
- Official Notification Publication Date: 14th August 2018
- Opening Date for Online Registration Process: 24th August 2018
- Last Date for Submitting Online Application Form: 13th September 2018 [Extended to 23rd September 2018]
- Exam Hall Ticket Download Date: 01st or 02nd week before a date of exam
- KVS PGT TGT PRT Exam Dates: To be announced
- Online Exam Result Release Date: To be announced
- Interview Schedule: To be announced