Here are some of the tips/advises/techniques to score well in UGC NET examination. Try to follow them at the best.
- Preparations for NET examination should be done intensively.
- After deciding the questions one should sort out the NET question papers according to the syllabus topics. If one analyses these questions, after sometime the questions are repeated in one form or the other.
- Prepare a standard answer to the question papers of the previous years. This will also make your task easy at the UGC examination. Paper 1 – Last 11 Years Question Papers with Answers
- Do Not miss the concepts. Questions asked are of the Masters level examination. Sometimes the questions are ‘conceptual’ in nature, aimed at testing the comprehension levels of the basic concepts.
- Get a list of standard textbooks from the successful candidates, or other sources and also selective good notes. The right choice of reading material is important and crucial. You should not read all types of books as told by others.
- While studying for the subjects, keep in mind that there is no scope for selective studies in UGC. The whole syllabus must be covered thoroughly. Equal stress and weight should be given all the sections of the syllabus.
- Note that in the ultimate analysis both subjects carry exactly the same amount of marks.
- For subjects like Mathematics and Statistics and Geography maps etc, practice is very important. One should also practice other subjects and should not treat the same examination, as an “experience gathering” exercise to get a chance for attempting for mains is a great thing, which you may not get again.
- Go through the unsolved papers of the previous papers and solve them to stimulate the atmosphere of the examination.
- Stick to the time frame. Speed is the very essence of this examination. Hence, time management assumes crucial importance. Time management skills matter a lot in the NET Examination. Most of the candidates appearing for the NET examination have a lot of knowledge, but lack time management skills. Within the given time slot you should be able to present all the information/knowledge in a coherent and logical manner, as expected by the examiner.
- For developing the examination skills, keep practicing model questions and answers while preparing for the NET examination. This helps get into the habit of completing exam under time pressure in the Mains examination. Paper 1 – 6,000 Practice Questions & Answers
- Sequential and systematic style of answering comes after a lot of practice and analysis of standard answers.
- Try to stimulate the actual examination hours to judge the performance and to plug any loopholes.
- Revision of subjects is very important. The reason is that you have been preparing for months or years together. It is a human tendency to forget something after some time. 4 strategies for remembering everything you learn
- Do not bother yourselves if you are unable to revise everything before examination.
- Above all be patient and believe in yourself.
!! Wish You All the Best !!
- CBSE UGC NET: Paper I Preparation Tips
- General Studies Study Techniques and Entrance Exam Preparation
- How to Improve Reading Comprehension Skills
- Reasoning Preparation Tips | Logical Reasoning
- English Preparation Tips for Competitive Exams