UGC NET Exam – National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level exam conducted by CBSE on behalf of University Grant Commission. Any post graduate with 55 per cent is eligible to apply [Check Detailed Eligibility Conditions Here]. This test enables post graduate students to qualify for university level teaching jobs in India and also to seek admissions in PhD level programmes.
The exam is scheduled to be held on July 08, 2018. Both ‘Skill and Will’ are vital inputs. Though exam itself may not be very tough, but yes competition is tough. Only 6 per cent of total appeared candidates are picked, subject and category-wise. Read more Procedure & Criteria For Declaration Of Results
Tips and techniques to prepare for UGC NET:
- The reference to past questions helps in analysing the exam pattern and identification of important topics. This builds up confidence also that preparation is moving in right direction. Take help of the teachers or seniors if required. Check: UGC NET Paper 1 – Last 11 Years Question Papers with Answers
- Gaining familiarity with the syllabus is a must. As all papers are objective now, do not leave out any topic
- Prioritising the subjects is crucial as almost every subject of your PG course is there. You need to have a complete hold over your subject, as you can score well there. While focusing your attention on the subject papers, start preparing for the General Awareness test by solving sample papers. Both extensive and intensive study is required
- Making personal notes helps a lot. These notes work as a kind of “ready reckoner” once the exam is nearing fast
- In general, go for big page note books or registers, divide the page into three columns – on the left hand side, write main topics, titles, serial number etc, the middle column is for the main flow of the topic, and right hand side for any addition, updations, references etc
- There is a need to concentrate on improving the quality of your preparation, which means you can concentrate more on zeroing down on what exactly has to be studied and how much has to be studied
- Last but not least, be confident and positive. Confidence is the outcome of your degree of preparation. Once you decide that you have to make a distinguished career in the teaching, UGC net exam is the stepping stone.
We wish you all good luck for the exam.
- UGC NET/JRF Exam Reference Books & Study Materials
- CBSE UGC NET : Paper I Preparation Tips
- Reasoning Preparation Tips | Logical Reasoning
- Teaching Faculty Job Notifications across India
- PhD/M.Phil Notifications
- Scholarship/Fellowship Notifications