UGC NET Exam – National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level exam conducted by CBSE on behalf of University Grant Commission. Any post graduate with 55 per cent is eligible to apply. This test enables post graduate students to qualify for university level teaching jobs in India and also to seek admissions in PhD level programmes.
The exam is scheduled to be held on January 22, 2017. Both ‘Skill and Will’ are vital inputs. Though exam itself may not be very tough, but yes competition is tough. Only 15 per cent of top ranking candidates are picked, subject and category-wise.
Tips and techniques to prepare for UGC NET:
- The reference to past questions helps in analysing the exam pattern and identification of important topics. This builds up confidence also that preparation is moving in right direction. Take help of the teachers or seniors if required
- Gaining familiarity with the syllabus is a must. As all papers are objective now, do not leave out any topic
- Prioritising the subjects is crucial as almost every subject of your PG course is there. You need to have a complete hold over your subject, as you can score well there. While focusing your attention on the subject papers, start preparing for the General Awareness test by solving sample papers. Both extensive and intensive study is required
- Making personal notes helps a lot. These notes work as a kind of “ready reckoner” once the exam is nearing fast
- In general, go for big page note books or registers, divide the page into three columns – on the left hand side, write main topics, titles, serial number etc, the middle column is for the main flow of the topic, and right hand side for any addition, updations, references etc
- There is a need to concentrate on improving the quality of your preparation, which means you can concentrate more on zeroing down on what exactly has to be studied and how much has to be studied
- Last but not least, be confident and positive. Confidence is the outcome of your degree of preparation. Once you decide that you have to make a distinguished career in the teaching, UGC net exam is the stepping stone.
We wish you all good luck for the exam.
Courtesy: India Today (lnk)
With inputs from KVS Madaan from Pearson.