CBSE/NET/2017-2018 Dated 08.01.2018
UGC NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET)
It is notified that CBSE will conduct the next UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor on 08th July, 2018 (Sunday). As per the revised scheme, the test will consist of two papers as below:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
|I||100||50 Questions. All are compulsory||1 Hour (09:30 AM to 10:30 AM) IST|
|II||200||100 questions. All are compulsory||2 Hours (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM) IST|
Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
The upper age limit for appearing in JRF has also been raised by two years, i.e. from the existing upper age limit of 28 years to 30 years (the relaxation as earlier will remain same). The candidates who desire to appear in the test may see the detailed notification available on the website http://cbsenet.nic.in from 01st February, 2018. The candidates are required to apply online from 06th March, 2018. The last date for applying online is 05th April, 2018 and fee can be paid up to 06th April, 2018.
- Notification Release Date : 01 February, 2018
- Online Application Start Date: 06 March, 2018
- Last Date to Apply Online: 05 April, 2018
- Last Date to Pay Fee: 06 April, 2018
- NET Exam Date: 08 July, 2018
Important Changes in Exam
- Question Papers: Students has to write only TWO Papers instead of THREE papers. Paper 1 – General Paper and Paper 2 – Subject Specific. [BENEFICIAL] less papers = less stress
- Number of Questions: Number of questions reduced from 175 to 150. In-turn maximum marks came down to 300 in place of 350. [BENEFICIAL] less questions = more focus
- Time Allotted: Time has been reduced to total 3 hours (180 minutes) (1 Hour for Paper I + 2 Hours for Paper II) where as 5 hours (300 minutes) were given till last exam (1.25 Hours for Paper I + 1.25 Hours for Paper II + 2.5 Hours for Paper III). [CAUTION]. This will be hardest hit any one could imagine. It has great impact on individual performance in Paper I, and a little-moderate impact on Paper II
- Age Cut off for JRF: The maximum age threshold for appearing in JRF has been increased by two years, i.e. from the age limit of 28 years to 30 years. [BENEFICIAL] yet increases [MORE COMPETITION] which might result in increase of JRF Cut Off.
- For more details and clarity, we will need to wait until complete notification is released.
Change is Good – Overall a good move from UGC!
We would urge candidates to focus on studies than worrying about these changes. Pay attention on exam preparation and results will obviously follow to your success.
Wish you all success!
Important Links for 2018 NET Exam
- CBSE UGC NET: Paper I Preparation Tips
- Latest NET Updates
- Check here to know more about PhD Regulations and latest News in academics
- UGC NET/JRF Exam Reference Books & Study Materials
- General Studies Study Techniques and Entrance Exam Preparation
- How to Improve Reading Comprehension Skills
- Reasoning Preparation Tips | Logical Reasoning
- English Preparation Tips for Competitive Exams