UGC NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET)
It is notified in public interest that the last date for applying online application for UGC-NET January 2017 has been extended upto 23rd November, 2016 and similarly the last date of submission of fee has been extended upto 24.11.2016 through E-Challan/Debit/Credit Card at designated Branches of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank. Further facility for correction in their data(particulars) will be operational on the website cbsenet.nic.in from 28th November to 3rd December, 2016. Detailed notification will be made available on website www.cbsenet.nic.in
Important Dates – CBSE NET January 2017
NOTE: Printout of Online Application Form (Confirmation Page) should NOT be sent to CBSE.
Related: List of UGC NET Subjects & Syllabus
AGE LIMIT & RELAXATION:
i) Junior Research Fellowship:
- Not more than 28 years as on 01.01.2017.
- A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
ii) Assistant Professor:
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Exam Time Table
Also Check: CBSE UGC NET : Tips to crack the exam
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
i) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC (list attached page No. 21 to 47) in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc. (list of subjects of post graduation attached at page No. 18 to 19) are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
ii) Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research Fellowship/eligibility for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD (persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
iii) The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
iv) Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in item No.14 (on page 11), may appear in a related subject.
v) Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the UGC/CBSE at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
vi) Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. (www.aiuweb.org)
Also Check: Paper I Preparation Tips
Junior Research Fellowship
Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities / IITs/ institutions.
The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter.
However, in case the candidates who have already joined M. Phil./ Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
- List of Subjects & Syllabus
- UGC NET/JRF Exam Reference Books & Study Materials
- Paper 1 – Practice Questions & Answers
- Exam Fee and Mode of Payment
- Paper Pattern and Scheme of Exam
- Procedure & Qualifying Criteria For Declaration Of Result
- Provisions for Persons with Disability
- How to Apply
- Important Instructions
- Age Limit & Relaxation
- Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- General Instructions
- How to Download Admission Card
- Check List For Filling The Online Application Form
- Instructions For Use Of Test Booklet And Answer Sheet
Official Notification: link
- Teaching Faculty Job Notifications across India
- PhD/M.Phil Notifications
- Scholarship/Fellowship Notifications